Day/Night Routing And "Lunch" Routing

Michael

I have a customer who has his main number routing into an agent group. The agent group also has a time condition based service flag on it for his normal business hours that sends the customer to his after hours voice mail box when he is closed. They would also like something that would allow them to close their store for lunch and have a different voice mail greeting played for that situation but ideally still have the same voice mail box store the messages. Keep in mind I don't want to give admin access to his account and I want this to be done somehow through the phones or user web interface and not the web admin interface. I have 2 configuration problems that I can't figure out:

1. How can I have 2 service flags on the agent group, one that is time based and one that can be toggled so that he can force his business to be closed in the middle of the day irregardless of what the time condition says.

2. Assuming I can get #1 above to work, how can I get the voice mail box to play a different announcement than normal?

The best thing I could come up with was to have his main phone number as an extension with an always call forward to his agent group. Whenever he wanted to go to lunch he would point the call forward to the voice mail account of his choice. This seems kind of silly to have to do it this way and I would think it should be able to be done with the service flags.

Thanks

I have a customer who has his main number routing into an agent group. The agent group also has a time condition based service flag on it for his normal business hours that sends the customer to his after hours voice mail box when he is closed. They would also like something that would allow them to close their store for lunch and have a different voice mail greeting played for that situation but ideally still have the same voice mail box store the messages. Keep in mind I don't want to give admin access to his account and I want this to be done somehow through the phones or user web interface and not the web admin interface. I have 2 configuration problems that I can't figure out:

1. How can I have 2 service flags on the agent group, one that is time based and one that can be toggled so that he can force his business to be closed in the middle of the day irregardless of what the time condition says.

2. Assuming I can get #1 above to work, how can I get the voice mail box to play a different announcement than normal?

The best thing I could come up with was to have his main phone number as an extension with an always call forward to his agent group. Whenever he wanted to go to lunch he would point the call forward to the voice mail account of his choice. This seems kind of silly to have to do it this way and I would think it should be able to be done with the service flags.

In the field where you put the service flag you can also put two flags (seperated by space); you then must also put two destinations (also seperated by space). Then if the first flag kicks in, it would send the call to the first destination; and if the second flag kicks in, it would send it to the second destination. You can make the second flag manual, then the customer can control when the flag goes on and off.

Having one mailbox and two greetings will be difficult; at least if you don't want to change it manually. I guess you will have to use two mailboxes for such a purpose.

In the field where you put the service flag you can also put two flags (seperated by space); you then must also put two destinations (also separated by space). Then if the first flag kicks in, it would send the call to the first destination; and if the second flag kicks in, it would send it to the second destination. You can make the second flag manual, then the customer can control when the flag goes on and off.

Having one mailbox and two greetings will be difficult; at least if you don't want to change it manually. I guess you will have to use two mailboxes for such a purpose.

Thank you, that worked great. It would be nice if there was a way to send the message to an unavailable vs. a busy message for voice mail, kind of like you can with FreePBX. Something to the effect of 8XXX for unavailable and 88XXX for busy I would think would work out pretty well for at least my application.

Thank you