Multiple calls to one agent group to one phone

Jeremiah

I have a customer who wants to be able to answer multiple calls from one agent group on his phone at a time. He has 3 agents groups that ring his phone (we'll call them A, B, C). When he's on a call with A and someone calls in A again, his phone will not ring, but it will ring other phones associated with that agent group (A). Even when you place the call from agent group A on hold and wait a few seconds, then make a call to the same agent group (A), the phone doesn't even recognize that there is another call coming in on that agent group. Someone calling in on B will be recognized while on the phone with A or C, but I cant seem to figure out how to have the multiple calls from one agent group go to one phone. Do I need to instead change these agent groups to hunt groups? I found a pbxnsip wiki that said only one call per agent on an agent group, but did not know if this was for a previous version or for the current one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a customer who wants to be able to answer multiple calls from one agent group on his phone at a time. He has 3 agents groups that ring his phone (we'll call them A, B, C). When he's on a call with A and someone calls in A again, his phone will not ring, but it will ring other phones associated with that agent group (A). Even when you place the call from agent group A on hold and wait a few seconds, then make a call to the same agent group (A), the phone doesn't even recognize that there is another call coming in on that agent group. Someone calling in on B will be recognized while on the phone with A or C, but I cant seem to figure out how to have the multiple calls from one agent group go to one phone. Do I need to instead change these agent groups to hunt groups? I found a pbxnsip wiki that said only one call per agent on an agent group, but did not know if this was for a previous version or for the current one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The reason you can't get multiple calls now is because once your Extension is busy it is not considered AVAILABLE by the ACD Group.

Therefore, no multiple calls to your extension from the same ACD Group.

Placing it on Hold doesn't change its status as far as the ACD Group is concerned.

The easiest thing to do is to give him 3 different extensions on his phone, if that is possible.

Then assign the 3 extensions to each of the 3 ACD Groups in tha same order.

Set the Number of agents added per stage: to 1 in each of the 3 ACD Groups.

Or, you can use Hunt Groups. They ring through like gangbusters even if the extension is busy.

But hey have any Announcement ability.

The ACD has a little class going for it and you can have multiple announcements.

Bill H

The reason you can't get multiple calls now is because once your Extension is busy it is not considered AVAILABLE by the ACD Group.

Therefore, no multiple calls to your extension from the same ACD Group.

Placing it on Hold doesn't change its status as far as the ACD Group is concerned.

The easiest thing to do is to give him 3 different extensions on his phone, if that is possible.

Then assign the 3 extensions to each of the 3 ACD Groups in tha same order.

Set the Number of agents added per stage: to 1 in each of the 3 ACD Groups.

Or, you can use Hunt Groups. They ring through like gangbusters even if the extension is busy.

But hey have any Announcement ability.

The ACD has a little class going for it and you can have multiple announcements.

Bill H

Thanks, I think I will give the 3 ext. option a try.