Polycom 650 Sidecars

Friedom-Tech

Hi;

i am using version .3107 with the latest phone firmware...however the receptionist is complaining that the call monitoring is not working....the lights sometimes work and sometimes dont work.

this is a biog issue for them as it is an office with 80 users.

pls advise asap

PLEASE NOTE: until we upgraded to version .3107 and firmware 3.1.1 the sidecars were working perfectly.

I had the same problem happen to my 650 with two side cards and I opened up a ticket with Polycom and they couldn't figure it out. The BLF's would stay on and then not respond. After a reboot of the phone it would work again for a bit. I sent them a trace where we sent them a notify and they sent back a 503 message. Can you open up a ticket with Polycom and I will open up the ticket again with them to put some pressure on them.

I had the same problem happen to my 650 with two side cards and I opened up a ticket with Polycom and they couldn't figure it out. The BLF's would stay on and then not respond. After a reboot of the phone it would work again for a bit. I sent them a trace where we sent them a notify and they sent back a 503 message. Can you open up a ticket with Polycom and I will open up the ticket again with them to put some pressure on them.

i can definately do that however the strange thing is that it was working fine until last week when i upgraded firmware on phone in order to fix a different issue!

i am using version .3107 with the latest phone firmware...however the receptionist is complaining that the call monitoring is not working....the lights sometimes work and sometimes dont work.

this is a biog issue for them as it is an office with 80 users.

Did you switch to the TCP transport layer (see http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Polycom, "Switching the transport layer")?

Es. As I said this was working great until I made two upgrades. One was the upgrade to .3107 and the other was the firmware upgrade of the phone to 3.1.1.

Hmm. You should also upgrade to 3110 (the latest release), but honestly I am nore sure if that will fix the problem. I guess we have to re-test this in the lab.