Can't resume from hold - Yealink T41P

mcbsys

I'm running Vodia 68.0.28 on Azure. The Yealink T41P (firmware 36.83.0.120) is connecting to Vodia using TLS (but not SRTP, I just noticed). The extension is part of a ring group.

When I call that customer, she answers the phone, then puts me on hold. I hear hold music for several minutes until a "bloop" and the call is gone.

On her side, after maybe 3 or 4 minutes on hold, she presses Resume on the T41P. The name of the button changes back to Hold. But she can't speak to me (I was still hearing hold music), so she hangs up.

I've captured PCAPs from both Vodia and the phone. Unfortunately I can't read the TLS packets on the phone, even with the Vodia TLS key log file. So I don't know what the phone is sending when she tries to resume from hold. All I see near the end on the server side is BYE, but that looks like the final hang-up.

Oh yeah:  a few days ago, on a short call, resuming from hold worked. On calls 3+ minutes, we can reliably reproduce that resuming doesn't work.

Any suggestions? Do I need that phone PCAP and if so, how do I decode the TLS?

24 minutes ago, mcbsys said:

I'm running Vodia 68.0.28 on Azure. The Yealink T41P (firmware 36.83.0.120) is connecting to Vodia using TLS (but not SRTP, I just noticed). The extension is part of a ring group.

Wow. Upgraded to 68.0.30 and it seems fixed! Obviously hold/resume is not a new feature. How did it get broken? I see this in the release notes: "Resuming call on ring group would not work unless its a new shared line". What is a "new shared line"?

Still can't read the TLS from the Yealink capture...