Call Forking Options

jlumby

Is there a way in the dialplan that you can write a rule that only applies to a call that is forking out to a call phone? I want to be able to send the outbound forked call out a specific trunk (since only some of our trunks will allow us to send any caller ID information).

Is there a way in the dialplan that you can write a rule that only applies to a call that is forking out to a call phone? I want to be able to send the outbound forked call out a specific trunk (since only some of our trunks will allow us to send any caller ID information).

In your Dialplan create a SINGLE DIGIT CODE for the trunk you want use for Forking.

Example:

Pref____Trunk____Pattern___Replacement

999___Forking______7*_________*

Next:

On your Accounts / Redirection page enter 7 (in this case) and then your cellphone number in the "Cell Phone Number" area.

Forked calls will now use the selected trunk.

Bill H

You mean that cell phone forks should use a different dial plan that regular calls or other call redirections for that extension? What is the purpose? Caller-ID presentation?

Yes, my goal was to present the caller ID of the caller, and not my company's Caller ID. The problem is not all of my trunks support sending ANY caller ID digits, and therefore if I could classify the forked call in the dialplan, I could make sure it went out a trunk that supported sending any caller ID