Donations - feedback - Resolutions in this forum

andrewgroup

Recently in our community Radio Ads are being run that depicts a scenario where nobody is donating blood, made more real with a final line saying, "What if everybody left giving blood to someone else?" This made me think of this and many other forums and the same though, "What if everyone who had potential answers left it to everyone else to answer or comment on questions?"

We all know that if it has a Processor, Memory and Code, it isn't perfect and having access to people willing to provide free answers within these forum is a major plus. Please don't reply with any reference that PBXnSIP has an obligation to support their software, as they give away free short call licensing for testing and this puts the responsibility on the user. Microsoft Gives away 60 and 90 day trials of Server 2008, and I would not have free access to telephone support from Microsoft. I look in the forums of Shortel and others and I see few posts that appear to come from the development team.

Given that I think a donation honor system (paypal) or otherwise for users of this forum to make a support donation that can be used in any way PBXnSIP decides - Beer - Pizza - Perks -Charity or to help improve PBXnSIP. As a VoIP provider in our City, our clients pay for our support services and we try to freely share our experiences with other users and in return we get tips too. Symbiotic - Chaotic relationship.

I would also like to see two changes to the Forum Display.

1. A new Column Showing a Checkmark or something to indicate the issue has been solved

2. Changing the Name of the subject to better represent what the problem was. To often the subject line does not reflect what the final problem was found to be, and the content of the thread has a lot of good tips for all, but you wouldn't know from reading the subject nor do you know it was resolved.

My .02 worth.

I would also like to see two changes to the Forum Display.

1. A new Column Showing a Checkmark or something to indicate the issue has been solved

2. Changing the Name of the subject to better represent what the problem was. To often the subject line does not reflect what the final problem was found to be, and the content of the thread has a lot of good tips for all, but you wouldn't know from reading the subject nor do you know it was resolved.

We are trying to move topics away from the "General Setup" into the forum where it fits best. I am nore sure if the forum software allows such a checkmark, but it might be a good idea to mark the topic. "Close" the topic is probably not a good idea as then it becomes invisible [need to verify that]. But we can use a post icon, or maybe we just change the title and append something like [solved]. Apart from that, we believe that the search engines do a good job making the forum searchable.

We are trying to move topics away from the "General Setup" into the forum where it fits best. I am nore sure if the forum software allows such a checkmark, but it might be a good idea to mark the topic. "Close" the topic is probably not a good idea as then it becomes invisible [need to verify that]. But we can use a post icon, or maybe we just change the title and append something like [solved]. Apart from that, we believe that the search engines do a good job making the forum searchable.

Search Engines are a plus, asumming I'm looking for some advice and I have a specific topic of interest. Search engines are not very useful when you scan forums looking for interesting topics or to contribute an idea to another user.