Message Button

Enercia Ltd.

I was wondering if there are any plans to allow for customisation of the Message button behaviour through the PNP interface. Currently, the message button gets configured for one touch access to voicemail rather than allowing the display of the message summary. Second, the message button is coded in the phone config files to use "registration" to call back for voicemails. While this works fine when using the internal voicemail system, it completely breaks the message button when using an external voicemail system such as Exchange. With Exchange UM, it would be better to be able to set the behaviour to "contact", and the callback number to the Exchange Subscriber Access number. These are the only two things that are keeping me from using the PNP system for provisioning my Polycom phones, and having to fall back to using an FTP server to manually do the provisioning. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Tom Schara

Enercia Ltd.

I was wondering if there are any plans to allow for customisation of the Message button behaviour through the PNP interface. Currently, the message button gets configured for one touch access to voicemail rather than allowing the display of the message summary. Second, the message button is coded in the phone config files to use "registration" to call back for voicemails. While this works fine when using the internal voicemail system, it completely breaks the message button when using an external voicemail system such as Exchange. With Exchange UM, it would be better to be able to set the behaviour to "contact", and the callback number to the Exchange Subscriber Access number. These are the only two things that are keeping me from using the PNP system for provisioning my Polycom phones, and having to fall back to using an FTP server to manually do the provisioning. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Tom Schara

Enercia Ltd.

Good point.

The PBX sends the following content to the phone:

Messages-Waiting: yes
Message-Account: sip:840@pbx.company.com
Voice-Message: 1/0 (0/0)

The "Message-Account" tells the phone where to call, and that destination includes the "8" prefix that should send the call to Exchange. However, I just verified that the Polycom phone sends the call actually to sip:40@pbx.company.com.

This is a configuration problem with the phones. The msg.mwi.x.callBackMode is set to "register", we have to check if there is a way to make the phone the provided account in the MWI attachment. If we want to provide the "contact" for call back, we'll have to change the PBX code.