Registering Second "Line" to Polycom (using GUI)

Friedom-Tech

HI;

i have a Polycom 550 with PBXnSIp which is working great configured through PNP.

however i consult for a second company and would like to be able to register my extension from second server on the same phone.

now i am aware that only one phone can be configured per extension and one system per phone using PNP but even when i try to manually add settings through the GIU or through the phone itself it never seems to be able to register.

does anyone have any experience with this to save me the trouble of having to spend hours on it?

please advise.

Thank you;

i have a Polycom 550 with PBXnSIp which is working great configured through PNP.

however i consult for a second company and would like to be able to register my extension from second server on the same phone.

now i am aware that only one phone can be configured per extension and one system per phone using PNP but even when i try to manually add settings through the GIU or through the phone itself it never seems to be able to register.

does anyone have any experience with this to save me the trouble of having to spend hours on it?

Indeed, that would be tricky.

What I would do is take the files polycom_phone.xml from the generated directory, move it into the tftp directory and edit it there so that you have your second registration. Possibly you also need to check the other file, polycom_sip.xml for stuff like outbound proxy.

I believe editing the 2nd line in the web interface of the phone will not work. You'll probably loose the information on the next reboot.