CPU Load

jlumby

I am running 3.1.2.3120 win32 and for the first time ever I received an email stating

CPU meter shows 78, which is over the threshold of 75. Therefore, a new call has been rejected

I logged into the system and looked at the log file. The log file did not show anything for almost 2 minutes prior to this entry, and the previous entry was a call with nothing remarkable about it. The system is a 3 ghz pentium4 (single core)running Windows Server 2003 with 2 gigs of ram. It has a clean build, and the only additional software that was loaded on it was Retrospect (backup client software) and the management utility for the raid controller. I am trying to figure out why there was a spike. Based upon the call log, there were only 2 simultaneous calls going at the time of the spike, and other than the spike, I had run 24 hours with an average of only 5% processor utilization. Should I be looking for a backround program causing the problem, or is there a posibility I have something set wrong. Any suggestions about tracking it down are appreciated.

This incident caused tome to look back through my history of daily CPU utilization emails. I do see a large spike every 2 or 3 days, however it does not seem to be on a schedule, and this time must have been the first when a call happened to come in during it.

I am running 3.1.2.3120 win32 and for the first time ever I received an email stating

CPU meter shows 78, which is over the threshold of 75. Therefore, a new call has been rejected

I logged into the system and looked at the log file. The log file did not show anything for almost 2 minutes prior to this entry, and the previous entry was a call with nothing remarkable about it. The system is a 3 ghz pentium4 (single core)running Windows Server 2003 with 2 gigs of ram. It has a clean build, and the only additional software that was loaded on it was Retrospect (backup client software) and the management utility for the raid controller. I am trying to figure out why there was a spike. Based upon the call log, there were only 2 simultaneous calls going at the time of the spike, and other than the spike, I had run 24 hours with an average of only 5% processor utilization. Should I be looking for a backround program causing the problem, or is there a posibility I have something set wrong. Any suggestions about tracking it down are appreciated.

This incident caused tome to look back through my history of daily CPU utilization emails. I do see a large spike every 2 or 3 days, however it does not seem to be on a schedule, and this time must have been the first when a call happened to come in during it.

So far the only exceptional problem we can think of is that the logging to the file system slows down the process. E.g. when the file system is slow for whatever reason, the logging would block the RTP-specific thread. The workaround is to turn file system logging only on when you are actively debugging something.

• 2 weeks later...

In previous versions this could also happen when PBXNSIP is trying to send an e-mail but failing to..... (misconfiguration).

Question for PBXNSIP: Is this stil possible in the current versions ?

The system is a 3 ghz pentium4 (single core)running Windows Server 2003 with 2 gigs of ram. It has a clean build, and the only additional software that was loaded on it was Retrospect (backup client software) and the management utility for the raid controller.

Is this a member of a domain? if so, not so good as group policies refreshes 90 minutes or so, consum cpu cycles and LAN activity.