FAnvil W611W dhcp 66 provisioning: URL?

VodiaUser

I try to provision this phone using the DHCP 66 option.

The Documentation tells: set http://ip.addr.of.pbx   as string into the option 66 Data

I can see this is working, The phone sends two requests to the PBX. The first is: /F0V611W00000.cfg
The second is: /0c383e4afd16.cfg (which is the correct MAC for this phone)

Now, the pbx tells the phone the URL as changed and redirects it to https: 

https://192.168.49.132/F0V611W00000.cfg and: https://192.168.49.132/0c383e4afd16.cfg

But when the phone requests these URLs the pbx will answer with 404. I added the phones MAC Adresses in the PBX: Tenant/Advanced/DeviceManagement with its MAC. Assigned an extension.

My question: what URL expects the PBX from the phone to find the matching provisioning file?

Well, option 66 is available only in few environments. We recommend to use the Fanvil remote provisioning, but we should also be able to get this working with option 66.

The PBX is looking for fanvil-sysconf.xml or fanvil-${mac}.xml. Can you try to change this

<pattern>fanvil-sysconf.xml</pattern>
    <pattern mac="7">fanvil-############.xml</pattern>
    <prefix>true</prefix>
    <uamac>-1</uamac>
    <vendor>Fanvil</vendor>
    <anonymous>true</anonymous>

in the pnp_fanvil.xml to

<pattern>fanvil-sysconf.xml</pattern>
    <pattern mac="7">fanvil-############.xml</pattern>
    <pattern mac="0">############.cfg</pattern>
    <prefix>true</prefix>
    <uamac>-1</uamac>
    <user-agent>Fanvil</user-agent>
    <vendor>Fanvil</vendor>
    <anonymous>true</anonymous>

and see if that works for you?

Thank you,

I found the file and made a static provisioning using /fanvil-MACADDR.xml. Works. This seems better then changing the template (because no further updates are applied if using a customized template?)

I also tried to provision the phone using pnp. But it will not show up in the pbx lan devices list, even I other phones do appear there, and even If I can see the upnp invite packet in wireshark.

The phone is not in the same L2 segment as the PBX. Does that make a difference? Is there a Setting where I can specify from which addresses the PBX wil accept multicast packets?

In the LAN there are essentially two additional ways to provision phones. One is option 66 which requires that the router supports it (usually the simple routers don't). For that to work, the PBX must recognize the device from some built-in configuration path. That one failed in your case, but in many other cases it actually works (maybe the next version will handle that for your device as well). 

The other way is multicast SIP where the device sends out a broadcast. That should work with most devices, however it requires that the device is actually in the same LAN like the PBX. Then after the PBX has detected the device, the administrator can assign the device to an actual extension. 

IMHO the best way is to use cloud provisioning, which is available for Fanvil. The disadvantage for that one is that you need to get an account with Fanvil, but once you have it, you can manage all Fanvil phones through their portal.

I had just this single Fanvil Phone. So, when I saw the registration url is /useragent-MACADDR.xml, fine. If I have more, yes I make an account with fanvil.

But back to multicast: Why do you think it requires  the same LAN? I can see the SIP register of the W611 arrive at the PBX, The IPSec Tunnel I use is able to transport multicast.  But the PBX will not show the phone in the Lan DEvices Table.

9 hours ago, VodiaUser said:

But back to multicast: Why do you think it requires  the same LAN? I can see the SIP register of the W611 arrive at the PBX, The IPSec Tunnel I use is able to transport multicast.  But the PBX will not show the phone in the Lan DEvices Table.

If the multicast packet makes it through a tunnel: perfect! If the device was already assigned to an extension there is no need to show it in the (unassigned) devices table.