NEC's Exit from On-Premise Market

VodiaPBX

NEC's Exit from On-Premise Market  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you think NEC decided to exit the on-premise market outside Japan, despite some industries (e.g., hospitals, military bases, government) still relying on these solutions?

• Promote the shift to cloud solutions
    • High costs of maintaining on-premise solutions
    • Reduced demand for on-premise solutions
    • Offer enhanced and more secure cloud solutions
    • Strategic focus on other technologies
    • Financial Performance and Profitability
    • Other (Specify)

Certainly the trend is to move to the cloud, but at the same time, a lot of those on-premises customers, and not necessarily industry-specific, will want to continue to keep their PBX on the premises.  I think the companies that can offer those end users both an on-prem and cloud solution make the most sense, enabling them to move to a different on-prem PBX today, that can eventually transition to the cloud if they choose to go that route in the future.

I've successfully overseen three NEC deployments over the past decade and it is clear to me that times are changing and I need to move forward with a hybrid solution, one of my customers has just sold their hotel, and the new owners want Fanvil Wifi desktop phones and they also want to replace their PMS system with shiji which vodia support. Vodia please check ticket number Ticket#4810744

In view of the fact that international tensions are currently becoming more and more acute, and with them concerns about security on the Internet, installation "on site" will certainly remain an increasingly important issue. This is definitely a very important point for many customers, who feel safer with it.

On 6/14/2024 at 5:23 AM, Vodia Support EU said:

In view of the fact that international tensions are currently becoming more and more acute, and with them concerns about security on the Internet, installation "on site" will certainly remain an increasingly important issue. This is definitely a very important point for many customers, who feel safer with it.

+1 to that. We recently had an installation where the whole network was isolated and the few connections to the Internet were limited by kB/s (e.g. for the license server or redirection service for the VoIP phones). It works well.