TRUNKING TWO PBX'S TOGETHER

Friedom-Tech

Hi;

i have two PBXnSIP server trunked together for a company that has one office in NJ and one in NY.

although internal callers in each location are able to dial the extension of the other office without a problem i do have a number of issues.

1) when a caller calls in from the outside and reaches the auto attendant in NY and they try to enter a NJ extension it tells them "this extension does not exist" is there any way to setup the possibility of callers being able to do that without a problem?

2) when i tried to use the hot desking feature from one pbx to the other it does not work but when i forward all calls it works fine...is there any reason for this and how (if possible) can i resolve this?

please advise.

Thank you

i have two PBXnSIP server trunked together for a company that has one office in NJ and one in NY.

although internal callers in each location are able to dial the extension of the other office without a problem i do have a number of issues.

1) when a caller calls in from the outside and reaches the auto attendant in NY and they try to enter a NJ extension it tells them "this extension does not exist" is there any way to setup the possibility of callers being able to do that without a problem?

2) when i tried to use the hot desking feature from one pbx to the other it does not work but when i forward all calls it works fine...is there any reason for this and how (if possible) can i resolve this?

1) Yea, that is a common problem in this kind of setup. As long as you have less than 10 destinations you can use the direct destinations feature to work around this.

2) Hot desking is like changing the registration. The call redirection is sending out new calls. That is why hot desking cannot work across different PBX.

1) Yea, that is a common problem in this kind of setup. As long as you have less than 10 destinations you can use the direct destinations feature to work around this.

2) Hot desking is like changing the registration. The call redirection is sending out new calls. That is why hot desking cannot work across different PBX.

1) i have way more than 10 extensions...are you saying there is no way to do this? is there a plan to implement this? this is going to be a big problem for the client.

2) a/a??????