Trunk to Trunk Calling

jlumby

Is there any way that you could setup PBXnSIP so that it will allow calling between 2 trunks. I am Interested in allowing one branch office to connect through it's sip gateway trunk to the main office's PBXnSIP, and then out the main office's Sip Registration trunk to the ITSP. This would be possible if you could assign a dialplan to the Sip gateway trunk that links the PBXnSIPs together. I know it is possible by using a sip registration from the remote office to the main office as an extension. However PBXnSIP is very problematic when doing this, especially when it comes to sending callerID, and the short registration time that is necessary, leads to excessive load, and poor call quality on the main office's server.

Is there any way that you could setup PBXnSIP so that it will allow calling between 2 trunks. I am Interested in allowing one branch office to connect through it's sip gateway trunk to the main office's PBXnSIP, and then out the main office's Sip Registration trunk to the ITSP. This would be possible if you could assign a dialplan to the Sip gateway trunk that links the PBXnSIPs together. I know it is possible by using a sip registration from the remote office to the main office as an extension. However PBXnSIP is very problematic when doing this, especially when it comes to sending callerID, and the short registration time that is necessary, leads to excessive load, and poor call quality on the main office's server.

One key might be that you can register the branch office to the main office; then assign all DID numbers to the ANI field in the registered extension (seperated by space). Then when the branch office places a call, the PBX would pick the matching ANI for the outbound call.

For inbound, you can assign the DID numbers as alias names in the extension in the main office.

I had originaly tried registering them to eachother, and had found that it lead to nothing but problems.

When sending an ANI that is different than the authentication username, everything was originally OK, until I restarted the servers, and then all outbound calling failed until I changed the ani to match the auth username

For some reason setting the refresh time to anything more than 45 seconds causes the registration to expire. (you would not think there would be any compatibility issues between 2 systems of the same manufacturer that are on the same subnet)

If you have multiple trunks, and the machineg that they are registered to reboots, then it causes the service on the remote PBX to fail, and become unresponsive

If you have multiple trunks refreshing every 45 seconds, it causes load on the main server that creates poor call quality, and large delays even though the processor is sitting at a very low utilization