Caller ID match

Ventus Logistics

Hello. We are seeing an issue with the Caller ID match when a call comes in to the auto attendent. We have our mobile phones setup on a user extension profile with a prefix infront of the number so it can fork the call to the mobile number. the problem is that when you match the caller id of the incoming call you dont recognize the number because of the prefix. if i remove the prefix it works fine for the incoming call to get authenticated but the forking stops working.

all our call have either a prefix of 8 for USA calls which send to our audio codes mediant 1000 for the specific trunk to the USA and a 9 for mexico.

example of mobile number 7631599 but we have setup as 87631599 on the mobile setting.

i know we could do manual routes on the dial plan to add the 8 infront but then that makes us modify all our dialplans.

my suggestion is to read the caller id from right to left until you match the 7 digits and that it could be configurable per the system admin.

Hello. We are seeing an issue with the Caller ID match when a call comes in to the auto attendent. We have our mobile phones setup on a user extension profile with a prefix infront of the number so it can fork the call to the mobile number. the problem is that when you match the caller id of the incoming call you dont recognize the number because of the prefix. if i remove the prefix it works fine for the incoming call to get authenticated but the forking stops working.

all our call have either a prefix of 8 for USA calls which send to our audio codes mediant 1000 for the specific trunk to the USA and a 9 for mexico.

example of mobile number 7631599 but we have setup as 87631599 on the mobile setting.

i know we could do manual routes on the dial plan to add the 8 infront but then that makes us modify all our dialplans.

my suggestion is to read the caller id from right to left until you match the 7 digits and that it could be configurable per the system admin.

That algorithm does not work properly. For example, there are people in this world that have the same cell phone number like their home phone (e.g. +49-171-8028055 and +49-30-8028055).

If you are in USA, use the country code "1". That will tell the PBX that the caller-ID can be 10 or 11 digits and it will automatically concert it into a global format. If there is no country code the PBX will not change the numbers and use them literally. Then it is very likely you are running into problems with the matching.

Also on the trunk, you can tell the PBX how the gateway or service provider wants it. Then also for incoming calls, it will convert the number into the right global format.

Make a backup before you change the country code. The code changes a lot, also changes the address book entries. If something goes wrong, you want to be able to revert to the previous state.