Daylight Start Date

SunScott

I just started up a new system and put a couple ip450's on it. I changed the sntp server in pbx.xml to point to the pbx. This part works fine, except it is an hour off. I looked in the generated polycom_sip.xml and noticed that the start date for day light savings is blank:

<SNTP tcpIpApp.sntp.resyncPeriod="86400"

tcpIpApp.sntp.address="192.168.10.10"

tcpIpApp.sntp.address.overrideDHCP="0"

tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset="-21600"

tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset.overrideDHCP="1"

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.enable="1"

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.fixedDayEnable="0"

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.month="3"

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.date=""

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.time="2"

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="0"

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.month="11"

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.date=""

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.time="2"

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="0">

</SNTP>

These files are generated, therefore any changes I make are over written by the pbx. Where do I affect this system-wide setting? (it is not in pbx.xlm). I grep'd "daylight" and "ntp" and could not find anything in the xlm files other than what I had already found.

I just started up a new system and put a couple ip450's on it. I changed the sntp server in pbx.xml to point to the pbx. This part works fine, except it is an hour off. I looked in the generated polycom_sip.xml and noticed that the start date for day light savings is blank:

<SNTP tcpIpApp.sntp.resyncPeriod="86400"

tcpIpApp.sntp.address="192.168.10.10"

tcpIpApp.sntp.address.overrideDHCP="0"

tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset="-21600"

tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset.overrideDHCP="1"

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.enable="1"

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.fixedDayEnable="0"

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.month="3"

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.date=""

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.time="2"

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="0"

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.month="11"

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.date=""

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.time="2"

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="0">

</SNTP>

These files are generated, therefore any changes I make are over written by the pbx. Where do I affect this system-wide setting? (it is not in pbx.xlm). I grep'd "daylight" and "ntp" and could not find anything in the xlm files other than what I had already found.

It seems that for some reason the Polycom phones are one week behind with the DST changes. Does the PBX show the right time (e.g. in the log)?

I wonder if I need to add a "timezones.xml" file to correct this. Gunna play.

Yes the server has the correct time in the logs. and I verified that all phones are set to the same TZ as the server (CST) (-21600)

If the server has the right time then the timezones.xml file is correct. Do you have the change to provision other phones (e.g. snom)? Then we can isolate where the problem is. Maybe the way Polycom wants the switch week is different from what we send.

Well, I have a work around. In the Accounts list, I changed the timezone to the (No DST) option for the rest of this week. This weekend I will have to go in an manually change it back. Not a big deal, since I have some other devices that cannot be updated to the new Daylight Savings start days. It will just be a part of that process. Luckily, the DST stop date is 11/1 this year. This works out with the start month = 11 and no start day. I still never figured out where it was pulling this info from.

I had restored to factory defaults a few times while "learning the system". I had noticed that the generated "polycom_sip.xml" would not use the ntp server within "pbx.xml" until the timezone was set within the account. It would default back to pool.ntp.org if left at "default time zone". Once changed to anything other than "default time zone", the system would import the setting <ntp_host> from within "pbx.xml" to the generated "polycom_sip.xml".

Maybe in a newer release the <ntp_host> could be edited from within the html config pages. I notice that there is a ntp port definition in the admin/settings/ports page.