REGISTERING ASTERISK PBX

Friedom-Tech

Hi;

i am registering an Asterisk PBX to the phone system and it is registering just fine however the users on the Asterisk PBX are complaining of alot of static and calls dropping all the time.

are there any additional steps i should take to get this fixed? i have regular phones registered using the same trunk that are having no issues at all.

pls advise

thank you;

i am registering an Asterisk PBX to the phone system and it is registering just fine however the users on the Asterisk PBX are complaining of alot of static and calls dropping all the time.

are there any additional steps i should take to get this fixed? i have regular phones registered using the same trunk that are having no issues at all.

Static and calls dropping are usually a sign of network problems. I guess the PBX is not in the same LAN? Maybe the connection is a little bit instable.

Can you see who is sending the BYE message? Do you see a Reason header that explains why the call was disconnected?

I have the same quality issues when registering multiple PBXnSIPs to one. Even when on the same LAN. I think it may have something to do with the load from how frequently they need to re-register to stop the registration from expiring. I don't understand why I can set a cisco phone for 1 hour and it actually uses it's registration time. However if I set the PBXnSIP trunk to one hour, it refreshes every 15 seconds, and if you try to force it to 1 hour, the registration expires.