Trunk Limit in CS410

Steve-Alloy

Hi,

I have a customer who is having issues adding in a 3rd trunk to his CS410.

I have run the license through a decoder which clearly states "Trunks = 3".

There is only 2 trunks configured! 1 trunk to an ITSP and 1 to a SIP g/w.

Upon trying to add a 3rd trunk the system gives an error stating that trunk limit exceeded.

Currently running f/w v.3.3.0.3165, the same error occured on f/w v.3.1.2.3120 & 3.2.0.3143.

In my experience with CS410's i have seen inconsistencies with this which can allow more than 3 trunks to be configured without any additional trunk licenses.

Anyone else come across this issue?

Does the CS410 count the PSTN g/w as a trunk even if it is deleted from the trunks list?

Some feedback on this issue asap would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I have a customer who is having issues adding in a 3rd trunk to his CS410.

I have run the license through a decoder which clearly states "Trunks = 3".

There is only 2 trunks configured! 1 trunk to an ITSP and 1 to a SIP g/w.

Upon trying to add a 3rd trunk the system gives an error stating that trunk limit exceeded.

Currently running f/w v.3.3.0.3165, the same error occured on f/w v.3.1.2.3120 & 3.2.0.3143.

In my experience with CS410's i have seen inconsistencies with this which can allow more than 3 trunks to be configured without any additional trunk licenses.

Anyone else come across this issue?

Does the CS410 count the PSTN g/w as a trunk even if it is deleted from the trunks list?

It could be as simple as the license code does not allow more than two trunks (it is base64-encoded, so it is easy to see what it says about trunks).

• 1 month later...
It could be as simple as the license code does not allow more than two trunks (it is base64-encoded, so it is easy to see what it says about trunks).

Can't you guys just regenerate the license? This seems like it shouldn't be a problem needing to be solved here. I am sort of perplexed at this response from pbxnsip and would be more than perplexed if I were in the poster's position.

License problems which incorrectly limit functionality are always on the developers to solve - like immediately - right? They have a tendency to blow up - and quickly. Just hearing this puts a knot in my stomach and makes me re-think purchasing any of the things because I don't want to be in the same "gee whiz" position wasting my time trying to get around an incorrect license block. It's a big deal for me anyway.

Also, I guess I just assumed a CS410 would support 4 trunks and 10 stations out of the box. If this is not the case, I am perplexed as to why this particular model number was chosen.

AK

Also, I guess I just assumed a CS410 would support 4 trunks and 10 stations out of the box. If this is not the case, I am perplexed as to why this particular model number was chosen.

One trunk can have 4 calls. No problem. But many customer feel the desire to run calls on ITSP as in parallel to the FXO termination. For that you need a second trunk.