Busy signal audio not playing

Parks

I have had some compliants that calls aren't completing but when I check the calls are receiving 487 Request Terminated which I believe is a busy signal because when I call that is what I get from my cell. This is something that has been haunting me for weeks.

Please let me know how we can provide busy signal audio for this.

I have had some compliants that calls aren't completing but when I check the calls are receiving 487 Request Terminated which I believe is a busy signal because when I call that is what I get from my cell. This is something that has been haunting me for weeks.

Please let me know how we can provide busy signal audio for this.

487 is not busy, it means that the request has been terminated - usually by the caller after the caller sent a cancel.

486 means busy.

A SIP trace would be useful in this case to see what is going on.

Ok, then why when I called after hearing nothing and calling from my cell did it give me a busy signal??? The call was probably terminated because I or the client couldn't hear anything. Never rings or anything. When calling from cell it also never rings but we get busy signal audio.

Ok, then why when I called after hearing nothing and calling from my cell did it give me a busy signal??? The call was probably terminated because I or the client couldn't hear anything. Never rings or anything. When calling from cell it also never rings but we get busy signal audio.

Nothing = digital silence? Or did you hear "comfort noise"? Comfort noise means that the carrier is trying to locate the subscriber - which can take a while in the cell phone world.

The PBX also plays comfort noise when it tries to locate a SIP user. This is usally pretty fast, but it can also take longer and then the PBX also sends comfort noise to indicate the caller that the line is not dead.

Some people feel uncomfortable with comfort noise! They are confused that a digital modern system can have a noisy line... This is really not a bug, it is a feature. ;)