Create / Edit Snom Provisioning Templates (XML-Files)

Hello,

within the Web-Interface of every SNOM-Phone there are millions of settings which cannot be set either in the phone nor in the pbx. I wonder if it is possible to implement some of these settings (e. g. Backlight always on, LDAP-Settings) into the provisioning files automatically created on the PBX, without editing files for each extension. I think I have heard anywhere that it is possible to edit a template file, which is the basis of the system-created provisioning files.

Any idea?

Regards,

Lucas

within the Web-Interface of every SNOM-Phone there are millions of settings which cannot be set either in the phone nor in the pbx. I wonder if it is possible to implement some of these settings (e. g. Backlight always on, LDAP-Settings) into the provisioning files automatically created on the PBX, without editing files for each extension. I think I have heard anywhere that it is possible to edit a template file, which is the basis of the system-created provisioning files.

The PBX generally provisions a snom_xxx.xml file. You will see which file it fetches in the log of the phone. In the newer PBX version, the file depends on the phone model. All you need it to put the file into the tftp directory; then the PBX will hand out the file as the last step of the provisioning.

The PBX generally provisions a snom_xxx.xml file. You will see which file it fetches in the log of the phone. In the newer PBX version, the file depends on the phone model. All you need it to put the file into the tftp directory; then the PBX will hand out the file as the last step of the provisioning.

Sounds excellent. Just for correct understanding: Is it possible in this way to write some special hard-coded addon-settings into an XML-file put in the tftp directory which contains not the complete phone's setting but just these special settings (e. g. backlight always on) which are processed for all phones of this model, AFTERWARDS every provisioning of the phones according to the current configuration done through the pbxnsip web-interface?