Reccomended VoIP Gateways?

Alex Kasperavicius

Hi All -

I am looking at rolling PBXnSIP at remote location which already has a few POTS lines in place. While I had considered using the CS410, I would prefer to use our own server equipment as our team is trained on them, they have backup processors, power, etc - (...and they are already installed and in place!)

Has anyone had good luck with a specific brand of VOIP gateway or is one kind recommended for use with PBXnSIP? I found a long list at:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=VOIP+Gateways

...but it's a long list and I have no frame of reference.

Again, I only have 5 or 6 POTS lines and just want to make them usable by PBXnSIP. I imagine this box would simply make these POTS trunks available as SIP trunks.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

Alex

Hi All -

I am looking at rolling PBXnSIP at remote location which already has a few POTS lines in place. While I had considered using the CS410, I would prefer to use our own server equipment as our team is trained on them, they have backup processors, power, etc - (...and they are already installed and in place!)

Has anyone had good luck with a specific brand of VOIP gateway or is one kind recommended for use with PBXnSIP? I found a long list at:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=VOIP+Gateways

...but it's a long list and I have no frame of reference.

Again, I only have 5 or 6 POTS lines and just want to make them usable by PBXnSIP. I imagine this box would simply make these POTS trunks available as SIP trunks.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

Alex

1- SPA3102 Cisco/LinkSys is not working very well

2- Mediatrix have a VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD SUPPORT but the device is kind of working fine! BUT VERY BAD

3- AudioCodes is triky to set up but work nicely

4- Vegastream is expensive for waht is does but run smootelly!

here is my little experience

:-) Good lock

I go with VOIP provider over a T1 Internet connection, worke fantastic but a bit expensive!

Alex,

We have used the Grandstream GXW-4104 Gateways with good success, and I believe they make an 8 port version of the same. I have installed them for both POTS backup and as an interface to existing overhead paging systems with no problems.

I have also heard good reviews of the Audiocodes gateways. We have deployed several of their digital gateways, but have yet to use their analog FXO/FXS gateways.

Tim

For analog, I am without a doubt 100% sold on Patton as the others just cannot be tweaked for all situations (various tone sets) .. but the grandstream gateways do work and work fairly well (especially for the money) .. I have used the others vegastream, mediatrix, and mulitech and they are more hassle than they are worth .. IMO.

For digitial, we have used Adtran, Mediatrix, Patton, and Audiocodes.

Mediatrix have been the most reliable and make the most sense in the GUI. ($2500 2 port PRI)

Audiocodes is a complete bearcat and whoever wrote the GUI should be shot and it has no rhyme or reason but they work.

Patton and Adtran have ok GUI (better than audiocodes) and are cisco like, however the patton is far more configurable than an adtran but the price on an is very right (TA 908e $2000 2 port PRI, Patton $4500 2 PRI)