Disable SRTP offer

duggyk

I'm making calls whereby an INVITE without SDP is sent to PBXNSIP to initiate a call.

PBXNSIP always seems to respond with a 200OK containing and SDP which contains a 'crypto' line (initiating SRTP when the calling device sends an ACK which contains the SDP).

How can I stop PBXNSIP sending any crypto lines in SDP's (i.e. turn off SRTP) ???

I'm making calls whereby an INVITE without SDP is sent to PBXNSIP to initiate a call.

PBXNSIP always seems to respond with a 200OK containing and SDP which contains a 'crypto' line (initiating SRTP when the calling device sends an ACK which contains the SDP).

How can I stop PBXNSIP sending any crypto lines in SDP's (i.e. turn off SRTP) ???

There is no option. This behavior is neccessary because there are (buggy) user-agents out there which offer SRTP keys over insecure transport layer and if the PBX does not answer the crypto-line in a response then the call would not establish.

A UA that does not support SRTP should silently ignore this.

There is no option. This behavior is neccessary because there are (buggy) user-agents out there which offer SRTP keys over insecure transport layer and if the PBX does not answer the crypto-line in a response then the call would not establish.

Is sending cryptographic information over a non-secure transport a good idea? I see that the a=crypto lines are sent whatever the transport layer (TCP/UDP/TLS)

If there's no way to remove the crypto line from the SDP when using UDP or TCP connections i'll have to find an alternative solution (end of trial) :rolleyes:

In my case the UA isn't offering any capabilities in the initial INVITE (no SDP).

PBXNSIP is offering SDP in the 200OK (with crypto line even though the transport layer is UDP/TCP).

If there's no way to remove the crypto line from the SDP when using UDP or TCP connections i'll have to find an alternative solution (end of trial) :rolleyes:

In my case the UA isn't offering any capabilities in the initial INVITE (no SDP).

PBXNSIP is offering SDP in the 200OK (with crypto line even though the transport layer is UDP/TCP).

Maybe we can take the insecure offer out. I believe this was for an old firmware version of a phone, today it should not be relevant any more. What OS are you on?