MWI on multiple phones

jlumby

I am trying to find a way to light a MWI on all phones that are registered as the same extension. I do not have any issues if all of the phones are of the same manufacturer (all Cisco), however if I have 1 snom, and 1 cisco registered as the same extension number, then the MWI will only light on the phone that registered first. I have the same issue between Cisco 7960 and an Audiocodes FXS gateway.

I am trying to find a way to light a MWI on all phones that are registered as the same extension. I do not have any issues if all of the phones are of the same manufacturer (all Cisco), however if I have 1 snom, and 1 cisco registered as the same extension number, then the MWI will only light on the phone that registered first. I have the same issue between Cisco 7960 and an Audiocodes FXS gateway.

As long as they all properly SUBSCRIBE to MWI it should work like a charm. We did the workaround that if there is no subscription for an extension then the PBX sends the MWI also without subscription.

I believe the issue is then that the Cisco is not subscribing. Is there a way to make it work along side a device that is subscribing?

Well, you could try to add a static registration... This is very close to breaking your fingers and if you want to operate the devices behind NAT simply impossible. IMHO not a real solution.

The alternative is to turn the subscription off on the other device as well. But then both devices must accept unsolicited MWI messages. :(

We did the workaround that if there is no subscription for an extension then the PBX sends the MWI also without subscription.

Do you know what version you did the fix to? I am having a problem with .3160 and I could have sworn i had tested it on another system running .3177 and there was no issue.

Do you know what version you did the fix to? I am having a problem with .3160 and I could have sworn i had tested it on another system running .3177 and there was no issue.

I don't think there a change over the last couple of versions. All version 3 all behave the same IMHO.