Button Setup - Monitor extension AND speed dial?

For my customers, working up to now with traditional PBX's they are familiar with buttons which

- blink, if the corresponding extension gets an call, by pressing the button the call can be picked-up (also possible with pbxnsip 'monitor extension')

- light, if the corresponding extension is busy (also possible with pbxnsip 'monitor extension')

- calls the extension, if the button is pressed while the extension is idle.

The last I cannot setup in pbxnsip. I can assign a speed-dial without monitoring the extension or assign a monitor-button with nothing happen when pressed (extension is idle). Any idea to get this basic-function - available on every old pbx - work?

For my customers, working up to now with traditional PBX's they are familiar with buttons which

- blink, if the corresponding extension gets an call, by pressing the button the call can be picked-up (also possible with pbxnsip 'monitor extension')

- light, if the corresponding extension is busy (also possible with pbxnsip 'monitor extension')

- calls the extension, if the button is pressed while the extension is idle.

The last I cannot setup in pbxnsip. I can assign a speed-dial without monitoring the extension or assign a monitor-button with nothing happen when pressed (extension is idle). Any idea to get this basic-function - available on every old pbx - work?

Yea, you can get it working. IMHO it was a bug of the old phone systems; you could easily accidentially pick up a call. Lets say someone calls the boss and at the same time you want to call the boss. In the millisecond when the PBX sends out the blinking notification, then the finger already touches the key and instead of talking to the boss you talk to the customer. This is called a "race condition".

To make a long story short, you can turn this buggy old behavior on with the flag "offer_pickup"; set it to "true" (see http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Global_Configuration_File on how to do that) and then in the BLF mode you can pickup the call.

Yea, you can get it working. IMHO it was a bug of the old phone systems; you could easily accidentially pick up a call. Lets say someone calls the boss and at the same time you want to call the boss. In the millisecond when the PBX sends out the blinking notification, then the finger already touches the key and instead of talking to the boss you talk to the customer. This is called a "race condition".

To make a long story short, you can turn this buggy old behavior on with the flag "offer_pickup"; set it to "true" (see http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Global_Configuration_File on how to do that) and then in the BLF mode you can pickup the call.

First I thought you've misunderstood me, but you're right: There is a XML-Tag 'button_speed_on_idle' which is default off. That was I was searching for. Thanks a lot!! :lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest gloryforixseal

That doesnt work. The extension still doesnt update when pressing the back button. Heres what Im trying:

<code>

function startup

window.removeEventListener"pageshow", startup, true;

refreshInformation;

var appcontent = document.getElementById"appcontent";

ifappcontent

appcontent.addEventListener"DOMContentLoaded", refreshInformation, false;

window.addEventListener"pageshow", startup, true;

getBrowser.mTabContainer.addEventListener"select", startup, false;

</code>