digit map in auto attendant

TacoBandit

I read in other posts that when you call into the Auto Attendant dialing 8+extension should get you to the vmbox of that ext. We had an extension with 8 so I assume that knocked this down in the digit map, I removed that extension and still get "that extension does not exist whenever I dial 8 in the auto attendant. Is there somewhere I can reset the digit map to function correctly and we can check our VM by dialing straight into the auto attendant then 8 and extension?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hmm.

Are you using an external voicemail system (Exchange)?

Is there an overlap with another account? Or with a direct destination? Any log messages?

When dialling a mailbox the auto attendant will check if there is a match, the settings on how many digits it should look or is not being used. As soon as there is a match it will redirect the call to the mailbox.

Just using the internal VM. There is no overlap and the log just shows DTMF digit received. Still no luck getting into the VM.

Hmm.

Are you using an external voicemail system (Exchange)?

Is there an overlap with another account? Or with a direct destination? Any log messages?

When dialling a mailbox the auto attendant will check if there is a match, the settings on how many digits it should look or is not being used. As soon as there is a match it will redirect the call to the mailbox.

• 4 weeks later...

I ran into this today .. since the Auto Attendant follows the default dial plan, it tries to send the call out as an external call .. try putting say 8202 in the user input and then 8202 in the destination and see if it works ..

for some reason this way it recognizes it as a local extension and doesn't send 8202 as an external call to the dial plan ...

hope it works for you ..

yori