NAT Support?

kellenw

I noticed recently that the CS410 product page now states "NAT support". Is this a new development? Our difficulty with getting the CS410 to work in a NAT environment when trying to use remote phones and trying to network two CS410's over the Internet (combined with a couple other major issues) resulted in our decision to shelve both of our CS410's about a year ago, and replace them with simple 4 CO line phones in our branches. We have 3 offices (Corporate office with 10 people and two branch offices with 2-3 people in each) and planned to roll out pbxnsip company wide using a software based server install at corporate and having the CS410's in the branch offices network back to the corporate hub. Is it now safe to say that the CS410 plays nicely with NAT? Does it work with simple Linksys WRT54G routers? If not, what inexpensive SMB routers (with QOS) does it work well with? Is there a list of approved/verified routers? Do you still have to have a dedicated public IP just for the CS410?

I'd really like to give PBXNSIP another shot, so I'm looking forward to any replies. Thanks!

I noticed recently that the CS410 product page now states "NAT support". Is this a new development? Our difficulty with getting the CS410 to work in a NAT environment when trying to use remote phones and trying to network two CS410's over the Internet (combined with a couple other major issues) resulted in our decision to shelve both of our CS410's about a year ago, and replace them with simple 4 CO line phones in our branches. We have 3 offices (Corporate office with 10 people and two branch offices with 2-3 people in each) and planned to roll out pbxnsip company wide using a software based server install at corporate and having the CS410's in the branch offices network back to the corporate hub. Is it now safe to say that the CS410 plays nicely with NAT? Does it work with simple Linksys WRT54G routers? If not, what inexpensive SMB routers (with QOS) does it work well with? Is there a list of approved/verified routers? Do you still have to have a dedicated public IP just for the CS410?

I'd really like to give PBXNSIP another shot, so I'm looking forward to any replies. Thanks!

There is nothing special about the CS410 regarding NAT... It can deal with two IP addresses, one public and one private if you want or two public. It is just a Linux computer with two Ethernet interfaces. http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Office_w...ic_IP_addresses fully applies.

Oh yes, the "old" CS410 had only one Ethernet interface. Yes, the new one has two now.