BLF just not working with Snom 370

edwardforgacs

I am unable to get BLF buttons to work satisfactorily with Snom 370 phones. I have tried both the "BLF" and "Extension" settings. I'm running the latest firmware (PBXNSIP 3.4.0.3201 and Snom 7.3.23) both on the CS410 and the phones.

Basically, it seems that the BLF keys work as expected, except on the extension that the call is initiated from???? This is incredibly weird.

From, say, extension 101 dialling, say, extension 104, if you dial the numbers 104, the BLF key for 101 comes on solid, but the BLF key for 104 never comes on at all. If you press the 104 BLF to dial instead of entering the actual numbers, then the BLF light for 104 & 101 come on, but 104 is on solid even when it is ringing.

If I watch the lines on 101 from 106, it works as it should (flashing when ringing and solid when off hook).

The extensions are configured with a star (*) for "Watch the calls of the following extensions (* for all):" and "Watch the presence of the following extensions (* for all):" in the account setup.

Any thoughts?

I am unable to get BLF buttons to work satisfactorily with Snom 370 phones. I have tried both the "BLF" and "Extension" settings. The extensions are configured with a star (*) for "Watch the calls of the following extensions (* for all):" and "Watch the presence of the following extensions (* for all):" in the account setup.

Don't use those settings. Just use the "buttons" in the domain or for the extensions. And you must use PnP with the snom phones if you want to get that working properly.