QUESTIONS IN DAY TO DAY USAGE OF SYSTEM

The Setup is Pbxnsip latest version and Polycom phones using the latest firmware.

1) TRANSFERRING CALLS INTERNALLY

When a user wants to transfer blind to his boss he can only do so by hitting transfer and then entering extension and hitting blind, in this case the boss will see the actual number of the person calling but the employee will not be able to tell him who is on the phone.

I have feedback from a number of clients that find this frustrating because although they want their secretary to screen the calls, if the emplyee does NOT hit blind (because she wants to check with boss first if he wants to talk to the caller) then once she transfers all he sees are a bunch of calls from her so when he is handling multiple calls he has no idea which is which, this may be a polycom limitation but any way to get around this now or maybe in 4.0?

2) CALL BACK WHEN USER IS ON PHONE

Right now when a caller makes and internal call he/she have no way of knowing if the person is on a call/away from their desk, even if you offer camp on then it will still ring until the camp on message picks up. MOST of my clients have requested the option to have a message popup on their screen or for the camp on message to be immediately relayed to them if another user is on a call and be given the option to continue calling the person or to wait for call back/leave a message.

3) USING THE CALL BACK FEATURE

I would also like to clarify, how the call back feature works...if the user is away from their desk and the system offers the call back option...when exactly will it call the caller back?

please advise on these issues asap.

The Setup is Pbxnsip latest version and Polycom phones using the latest firmware.

When a user wants to transfer blind to his boss he can only do so by hitting transfer and then entering extension and hitting blind, in this case the boss will see the actual number of the person calling but the employee will not be able to tell him who is on the phone.

I have feedback from a number of clients that find this frustrating because although they want their secretary to screen the calls, if the emplyee does NOT hit blind (because she wants to check with boss first if he wants to talk to the caller) then once she transfers all he sees are a bunch of calls from her so when he is handling multiple calls he has no idea which is which, this may be a polycom limitation but any way to get around this now or maybe in 4.0?

2) CALL BACK WHEN USER IS ON PHONE

Right now when a caller makes and internal call he/she have no way of knowing if the person is on a call/away from their desk, even if you offer camp on then it will still ring until the camp on message picks up. MOST of my clients have requested the option to have a message popup on their screen or for the camp on message to be immediately relayed to them if another user is on a call and be given the option to continue calling the person or to wait for call back/leave a message.

3) USING THE CALL BACK FEATURE

I would also like to clarify, how the call back feature works...if the user is away from their desk and the system offers the call back option...when exactly will it call the caller back?

please advise on these issues asap.

I don't believe the call back feature actually calls the originating caller back but rather sends an email to the callee letting them know the callers number and they want a call back. We also never got it working so we turned off for our customers.

Don't know about your other issue as we don't use Polycom phones.

• 1 month later...

I'm a little confused as to what your clients are requesting of you. With Polycoms you can do the normal two transfers: consultative (attended) or blind (unattended). You described that when the receptionist performs a consultative transfer to the boss, boss sees a bunch of calls while already active on a call and that boss can't navigate the new incoming call (the receptionist's consultation) with his current call. Each call should have at least numerical CID if not full CID. What series of Polycoms are in use? I know that the 500 series and 600 series offer a wide screen so you can view and navigate calls easily.

I guess I'm trying to figure out what you're looking for the PBX or Polycom to do to ease multiple call handling. I'm going to take a shot in the dark, but this boss, did he come from a Key System environment?

"Call Back"

works when extension 1 calls extension 2, and asks to have call back instead of leaving a message, then when extension 2 has activity on a call (usually when extension 2 makes a call or takes another call) after that call extensions 1 phone will ring, when extension 1 picks up it will be given the prompt to press 1 to call back or 2 to cancel the call back, if you choose 1 it will call extension 2, if you choose 2 it will disconnect the call