call Disconnects after timeouts

andrewgroup

We commonly see these disconnects, the client isn't complaining, so we kind of assume the call hung up but not detected and the call was disconnected after a time out.. Could this type of error be turned into an SNMP OID? reset daily or weekly?

We ocassionally see these regardless of the telco line vendor....

The call between sip:81XXXX3166@localhost;user=phone and sip:312@localhost;user=phone has been disconnected because no media session was establised (source=0.0.0.0:0)

I am seeing the same thing. What I've noticed is that the Cs410 stops giving answer supervision on the PSTN trunks. You make a call and the timer never starts, if you try and put the call on hold it just disconnects.

Many times users are disconnected with a "timeout" error even though they are in the middle of the call. This may be the cause of the other problem where we are seeing lines simply stop responding - something is wrong with the PSTN interface.

After restarting the cs410 all is well for a while. The time starts immediately when making or receiving a call using the PSTN interface.

As a restart fixes this, perhaps we should put in a batch script in the interim which restarts the thing every night - crude, but it would work.

AK

We only install the version below. Of the 872 calls during the last 34 days, we have seen 5 to 10 of the disconnected calls...resetting a box each night isn't something we would do.

Version: 3.4.0.3194 (Linux)

License Status: pbxnsip CS410

License Duration: Permanent

Additional license information: Extensions: 7/10 Accounts: 17/20

Working Directory: /pbx

MAC Addresses: 0019156BF914 00191XXXXXX

Calls: 872/112 (CDR: 316) 0/0 Calls

SIP packet statistics: Tx: 578617 Rx: 579546

Emails: Successful sent: 160 Unsuccessful attempts: 10

Available file system space: 69%

Uptime: 2009/8/15 16:12:51 (uptime: 34 days 05:58:06) (22622 23714944-0) WAV cache:

• 2 months later...

I also have a customer with the same issue running f/w 3.4.0.3194, outbound calls only are disconnecting at different call duration's, typically 3-5 minutes.

Also getting the timeout error.

The f/w version 3.4.0.3201 did resolve this issue but introduced other problems with DTMF detection.

Will there be a f/w upgrade/fix for these issues.

We only install the version below. Of the 872 calls during the last 34 days, we have seen 5 to 10 of the disconnected calls...resetting a box each night isn't something we would do.

Version: 3.4.0.3194 (Linux)

License Status: pbxnsip CS410

License Duration: Permanent

Additional license information: Extensions: 7/10 Accounts: 17/20

Working Directory: /pbx

MAC Addresses: 0019156BF914 00191XXXXXX

Calls: 872/112 (CDR: 316) 0/0 Calls

SIP packet statistics: Tx: 578617 Rx: 579546

Emails: Successful sent: 160 Unsuccessful attempts: 10

Available file system space: 69%

Uptime: 2009/8/15 16:12:51 (uptime: 34 days 05:58:06) (22622 23714944-0) WAV cache:

I also have a customer with the same issue running f/w 3.4.0.3194, outbound calls only are disconnecting at different call duration's, typically 3-5 minutes.

Also getting the timeout error.

The f/w version 3.4.0.3201 did resolve this issue but introduced other problems with DTMF detection.

Will there be a f/w upgrade/fix for these issues.

We are eperiencing the same problem on the firmware 3.4.0.3194. Is there any fix or work around for this as client is not very happy

• 1 month later...
We are eperiencing the same problem on the firmware 3.4.0.3194. Is there any fix or work around for this as client is not very happy

Can we get a response on this issue?

Is starting to occur more and more and we have not had a response.

Is this issue being looked into?

Will there be a f/w fix that will address this issue?

Timeout occurs at random intervals on both inbound and outbound calls.

Please advise asap.

Can we get a response on this issue?

Is starting to occur more and more and we have not had a response.

Is this issue being looked into?

Will there be a f/w fix that will address this issue?

Timeout occurs at random intervals on both inbound and outbound calls.

Please advise asap.

Most of the cases it is a genuine disconnect because of no-media end-to-end. I think it is a good thing that PBX disconnects the call after detecting there is not media in either direction. If you experiencing the disconnects even if the media is present, then it is a different case.

Most of the cases it is a genuine disconnect because of no-media end-to-end. I think it is a good thing that PBX disconnects the call after detecting there is not media in either direction. If you experiencing the disconnects even if the media is present, then it is a different case.

The issue does occur when there is media. If it is a different case, can you elaborate?

Can you explain the "timeout" error when there is media?

This is occuring to a few guys as posted here.

The issue does occur when there is media. If it is a different case, can you elaborate?

Can you explain the "timeout" error when there is media?

This is occuring to a few guys as posted here.

Disconnect reasons are:

• Call duration reached. For example, when the 3-minute demo key is used, the PBX disconnects the call
  • Same thing happens after the maximum call duration, which is by default 2 hours
  • One way audio. That means the PBX does send media, but does not receive anything. Classic is when someone in a conf call hits the mute button and the phone stops sending media (which is obviously a bug). Or when a phone crashed and restarted.
  • Call never connects. This is a nother classic when using analog FXO gateways that have buggy polarity detection and they never connect the call (though media flows both ways).

Disconnect reasons are:

• Call duration reached. For example, when the 3-minute demo key is used, the PBX disconnects the call
  • Same thing happens after the maximum call duration, which is by default 2 hours
  • One way audio. That means the PBX does send media, but does not receive anything. Classic is when someone in a conf call hits the mute button and the phone stops sending media (which is obviously a bug). Or when a phone crashed and restarted.
  • Call never connects. This is a nother classic when using analog FXO gateways that have buggy polarity detection and they never connect the call (though media flows both ways).

Thanks for the response but im more concerned about the "timeout" issue.

Can you explain why this would occur? Outbound calls through an FXO port disconnect at a 3-5 min internal when there is media for no apparent reason and we see a timeout error.

Please explain this.

I have a customer who is getting very impatient.

Thanks for the response but im more concerned about the "timeout" issue.

Can you explain why this would occur? Outbound calls through an FXO port disconnect at a 3-5 min internal when there is media for no apparent reason and we see a timeout error.

Please explain this.

I have a customer who is getting very impatient.

Can you get a SIP trace? I would like to see who is initiating the disconect. If the PBX initiates the disconnect, then it includes the reason for the disconnect.

We have had cases where the gateway disconnected because it tought there was a busy tone. Just want to make sure that we are not having this problem.

• 2 months later...

Okay, the PBX sends at 09:59:18 the INVITE to the PST gateway running on 127.0.0.1:5062. At 10:02:20, the phone sends a CANCEL. I am not sure if the user disconnects the call or the the user hangs up. Anyway, the PSTN should not ring so long.

Did you set "detect polarity change" on the PSTN gateway? Turn it off. Probably your FXO does not support polarity change and this is causing the problem.

• 1 month later...
Okay, the PBX sends at 09:59:18 the INVITE to the PST gateway running on 127.0.0.1:5062. At 10:02:20, the phone sends a CANCEL. I am not sure if the user disconnects the call or the the user hangs up. Anyway, the PSTN should not ring so long.

Did you set "detect polarity change" on the PSTN gateway? Turn it off. Probably your FXO does not support polarity change and this is causing the problem.

I have the same problem, i reboot my cs410 and working fine 2 or 3 day after that begin to hang up the call, and i have to reboot again, and just only hang the outbound call, the inbound call, not problem