Patton 4554 Gateway

olim

Hello all,

Does anybody have a config for a Patton 4554 BRI>SIP gateway that they wouldn't mind sharing. I'm just getting to grips with the CLI but am having troubles getting together a config that works.

Thanks in advance - in the meantime I'm going to try and modify one of the example Asterix configs on the Patton website.

Oli

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all,

Does anybody have a config for a Patton 4554 BRI>SIP gateway that they wouldn't mind sharing. I'm just getting to grips with the CLI but am having troubles getting together a config that works.

Thanks in advance - in the meantime I'm going to try and modify one of the example Asterix configs on the Patton website.

Oli

I have this working now and am able to make calls but it has thrown up another issue that I would like to resolve if anybody has any suggestions....after dialing from a handset, I get a few seconds of ringback tone from PBXnSIP before the call is passed to the gateway and the actual outbound call is made. Is there any way to send all digits immediately to the gateway before dialing, or to stop the ringing tone?

Thanks in advance

Oli

I have this working now and am able to make calls but it has thrown up another issue that I would like to resolve if anybody has any suggestions....after dialing from a handset, I get a few seconds of ringback tone from PBXnSIP before the call is passed to the gateway and the actual outbound call is made. Is there any way to send all digits immediately to the gateway before dialing, or to stop the ringing tone?

The PBX generates ringback tone only if it receives a 18x message without media. The SIP standard is pretty clear on this. Only when the gateway changes it's mind, it can send another 18x with SDP and then the PBX will play back whatever it receives.