Change the Domain time server

Tom Waterman

Hello all, one of my customers changed the NTP clock on the domain. So I need to push the change out to all of the phones. I tried to do this with DHCP but it keeps getting changed back on the phone. I also changed it in the PBX.xml on the rooot of the pobx folder wsith negative results. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tom

Hello all, one of my customers changed the NTP clock on the domain. So I need to push the change out to all of the phones. I tried to do this with DHCP but it keeps getting changed back on the phone. I also changed it in the PBX.xml on the rooot of the pobx folder wsith negative results. Any help is greatly appreciated.

It depends a little bit on the type of phone if the DHCP or the settings have higher precedence. That is a question of trying things out.

If you change just the pbx.xml file that has zero effect. You need to change this through the web interface (see for a trick on how to handcraft a URL that does this job: https://www.pbxnsipsupport.com/index.php?_m...kbarticleid=413). Keep in mind this changes the NTP server for all domains.

It depends a little bit on the type of phone if the DHCP or the settings have higher precedence. That is a question of trying things out.

If you change just the pbx.xml file that has zero effect. You need to change this through the web interface (see for a trick on how to handcraft a URL that does this job: https://www.pbxnsipsupport.com/index.php?_m...kbarticleid=413). Keep in mind this changes the NTP server for all domains.

I am using Snom 370 Phones. WIll changing the DHCP work for me? I also try the xml. I have had very good luck with them lately!

Tom