Incoming call on specific Trunk

rudik

We have two seperate SIP-Trunks from the same provider and have some problems with identifying the incoming calls. I can imagine this can be tricky. It seems that the incoming call, coming from any of the two configured Trunks, is accepted by only one of the two trunks, the second trunk is not used for incoming calls at all.

The dialled number is probably not checked by PBXNSIP before selecting the specific incoming Trunk ?

Is there some kind of workaround or setting for this ?

Thanks for any tips.

Rudi

when the call comes in, why would it matter which trunk it comes in from? You can

A) use a global trunk and it will find which domain has the DID thats coming in

:( if you put in the DID on a account, and on that domain that trunk exists, it will route it to the proper account

why would you need the call to come in on 2 trunks?

when the call comes in, why would it matter which trunk it comes in from? You can

A) use a global trunk and it will find which domain has the DID thats coming in

B) if you put in the DID on a account, and on that domain that trunk exists, it will route it to the proper account

why would you need the call to come in on 2 trunks?

Aah, there is something i did not mention:

The trunks are placed in the same Domain, does this make any difference ?

If it does not make any difference, what you say is that:

As long as the 'Global' option is enabled, the Trunk that will pickup the call, will forward it to the call to the Trunk where the dialled Phone Number is present in the DID (wich i cannot find in the properties of the Trunk ?) Or do you mean ANI ?

Thanks

the way I have it set up is there is a domain "local host"

in there I have a trunk from let’s just say sip.carrier in MA

i have the trunk enabled as global

now any DID I get from sip.carrier in MA i add to the appropriate account (let’s say an Auto Attendant) in the appropriate domain name (let’s say company1.pbx.com)

so let’s say I want phone number 9789998877 from sip.carrier in MA to ring to the account 5600 which is a auto attendant in domain company1.pbx.com, I add the DID to the account number. now anytime someone calls that DID it will go to that domain/account

was I clear?

if you want to schedule a phone call, I am available