Ability to only dial one extension

fbenson

Is there a way to set up a phone so only one extension can be dialed from it? Do I need to set up a special dial plan?

I am using Polycom SoundPoint IP 430 phones with Version 3.4.0.3201 of pbxnsip.

Thanks.

Definitely, setting up a special dial plan on the PBX and assigning it to that phone is one option. Other option is to probably, setup a dialplan on the phone itself (using the phone's web interface. Although I am not sure how flexible it will be)

Definitely, setting up a special dial plan on the PBX and assigning it to that phone is one option. Other option is to probably, setup a dialplan on the phone itself (using the phone's web interface. Although I am not sure how flexible it will be)

I am pretty new to pbxnsip. Is there any online tutorial on how to make this dial plan?

here is what your dial plan should have in it if you want it to only be able to call an account on the domain

pref: 100. trunk: not allowed. pattern: *. replacement: *.

now any extension/domain that uses that Dial Plan will only be able to dial account number within that domain, not any other external calls that require the use of a trunk

are you looking to block it to dial any number and only allow it to be able to dial 1 extension number for example 223? that I can’t figure out how to set up in the dial plan, I just tried a few diff ways and none blocked every extension except one