CS410 - Soft/Hard Reset Feature

Isaac Schneider

Hello,

After working with the CS410s, they work better if they are rebooted frequently.

Soft resets, or killing process helps timeout registration problems.

Hard reset prevents port busy outs improves audio quality.

Has anyone come up with a reliable way to restart units. Ideally I would request

the feature be added in under the maintenance, just like clearing the dnd flags.

Any linux scripts or recommended options anyone can suggest?

Thanks,

Isaac

After working with the CS410s, they work better if they are rebooted frequently.

Soft resets, or killing process helps timeout registration problems.

Hard reset prevents port busy outs improves audio quality.

Has anyone come up with a reliable way to restart units. Ideally I would request

the feature be added in under the maintenance, just like clearing the dnd flags.

Any linux scripts or recommended options anyone can suggest?

Search for "Linux crontab"; I think this is the way to go. You can for example execute this command: "sync;reboot" to make sure everything is written to the flash and then reboot the system.

Search for "Linux crontab"; I think this is the way to go. You can for example execute this command: "sync;reboot" to make sure everything is written to the flash and then reboot the system.

I am familiar with cron, being able to schedule tasks. I was looking for a graceful shutdown of PBXnSIP first then a reboot. I hate doing kill. Is there a url / soap request to restart pbxnsip task? I have been doing a triple sync then do a shutdown -r now. The reboot command is not graceful and I have seen other systems corrupt.

• 4 months later...

You being more familiar with the CRONTAB file, and based on my limited knowledge, wouldn't you simply execute in sequence the following

# Minute Hour Day of Month Month Day of Week Command

# (0-59) (0-23) (1-31) (1-12 or Jan-Dec) (0-6 or Sun-Sat)

0 1 * * 6 do whatever will stop the PBXnSIP service

2 1 * * 6 sync restart

Personally I would like to schedule an NTP time sync. I once saw a post here discussing that problem in detail..

You being more familiar with the CRONTAB file, and based on my limited knowledge, wouldn't you simply execute in sequence the following

# Minute Hour Day of Month Month Day of Week Command

# (0-59) (0-23) (1-31) (1-12 or Jan-Dec) (0-6 or Sun-Sat)

0 1 * * 6 do whatever will stop the PBXnSIP service

2 1 * * 6 sync restart

Personally I would like to schedule an NTP time sync. I once saw a post here discussing that problem in detail..

There is no cron service running nor installed on the cs410 only configfiles. The distro is an ancient debian that has long since been dropped from support. I was the one who posted about the ntp bug. This is just one of many issues i have notified PBXnSIP to correct.