Voice Mail Blasting

pbxuser911

We have a client who wants to be able to do voice mail blasting, and when asked if we can set them up with it i was shamed to say no we cant.

was wondering if there is a plan for it anytime soon?

i know there was chat about mailbox acting like IMAP, where if a caller leaves a VM in a Sales VMB then everyone assigned to that mailbox/agent group will get the message in their mailbox, and if 1 person deletes it from their mailbox then no one else will have access to that Voice mail Message, which is a feature we have been looking toward and cant wait for its build.

Here the boss wants to send all employees a VM telling them about upcoming thanksgiving party, and if one employee deletes it, others who haven't listened to it yet should also be able to listen to it and delete it from their perspective VMB. its whats known in other PBX's as Voice Mail Blasting.

if there is currently a way to do it, please let me know how, i only found how to send a VM to one mailbox at a time, rather i need the ability to set up "Lists"

thanks!

We have a client who wants to be able to do voice mail blasting, and when asked if we can set them up with it i was shamed to say no we cant.

was wondering if there is a plan for it anytime soon?

i know there was chat about mailbox acting like IMAP, where if a caller leaves a VM in a Sales VMB then everyone assigned to that mailbox/agent group will get the message in their mailbox, and if 1 person deletes it from their mailbox then no one else will have access to that Voice mail Message, which is a feature we have been looking toward and cant wait for its build.

Here the boss wants to send all employees a VM telling them about upcoming thanksgiving party, and if one employee deletes it, others who haven't listened to it yet should also be able to listen to it and delete it from their perspective VMB. its whats known in other PBX's as Voice Mail Blasting.

if there is currently a way to do it, please let me know how, i only found how to send a VM to one mailbox at a time, rather i need the ability to set up "Lists"

thanks!

Yes there is a way to do this. I'm not sure the exact steps but this will work:

#-1 let a VM on your own phone

#2- now listen to the message and press 6 while listening. You now can move the message to a hunt group, agent group or ext. Move it where you want.

Let me know if this doesnt get what you want.

matt

i am able to "move the message" to a hunt group, but not to a agent group

in a hunt group, do all three stages get the VM file? or do i need to create a hunt group and put the people on the first stage and set up as many hunt groups aka VM blasting lists i need?

also the only way to do this now is to leave your self a VM, hang up, call back and then move it? i cant just log into my voice mail and record a message a move it right from there to a hunt group? i can to any other Extension.

is it possible to make this a little easier? maybe call a *code and enter the call blast list, or the hunt group list and record your message?

It works perfectly...

I just tested. (hey! why didn't you? ;-)

First, setup a hunt group (399) which has all the extensions you want to distribute the message to in "Stage 1" ( 301 302 303)

Now pickup your own phone, press the VM retrieve button, dial 5 then record the message you want to distribute and press # when done.

Next it will prompt you and you can press 2 to copy this message, dial the extension (399) and ## and your done!

(You could also have dialed the specific extensions you wanted to send the message to. wow)

Wow, that it efficient and slick!

screen shots

http://windowspbx.blogspot.com/2009/11/its...ll-help_24.html

Matt