Bind to MAC Address

Shell

Apologies if this is a daft newb question, but I'm a newb at this! :P

I stupidly forgot to clear registrations from an account/extension before deleting it and setting up a new one for the same phone. I suspect this is why when I am trying to set up a new extension for that phone using 'Bind to MAC Address' it wipes the MAC address out every time I hit save?

How do I resolve this? Not having much luck searching around for the answer.

Cheers,

Shell

I have discovered restarting the pbx service (we're running on Windows) sorts this but is there a more "graceful" way?

Thanks,

Shell

That should work without restarting the PBX. In fact, you can have the same mac address on multiple extensions (in such cases, PBX will provision multiple extensions on the same phone).

Only restriction is that, you can not use the same mac address on extensions across domains (applies only on a multi-domain system).

That should work without restarting the PBX. In fact, you can have the same mac address on multiple extensions (in such cases, PBX will provision multiple extensions on the same phone).

Only restriction is that, you can not use the same mac address on extensions across domains (applies only on a multi-domain system).

Interesting. I know this has happened before as I found out about the 'fix' from a colleague who I later found out had had the issue before as well.

It just wouldn't take the MAC. Every time I hit save it reloaded the page and it was blank.

Thanks,

Shell