Emails not going out!

Friedom-Tech

Hi,

i have system running latest version of 3.4.0.3201 (Win32) and emails alerts work great for all extensions...sending voicemails etc.

however i have one extension that is set to send email for every call and for missed call alerts...now this extension DOES send emails for voicemails however does not send for missed calls or call details for every call!

this is an extension that it is IMPERATIVE we get the alerts or we have no way of tracking who called that extensions (the only way we know a call went through to that extension is because we are getting end of day emails showing the call)

FYI i have set the log to log only email with level 9 and it does not show that it is even trying to send out the message.

any help would be appreciated asap.

If it gets other emails we can rule out that the email address or server address is wrong.

Did you check the SPAM folder? What could be different here is the content-type or even stuff like line breaks. Do you have some extrem long lines in the email? If the emails are not encoded with base64 there could be a problem with the line breaks. If you can get a Wireshark when the email is being sent out it should be pretty easy to see if the email was actually sent out to the server.

If it gets other emails we can rule out that the email address or server address is wrong.

Did you check the SPAM folder? What could be different here is the content-type or even stuff like line breaks. Do you have some extrem long lines in the email? If the emails are not encoded with base64 there could be a problem with the line breaks. If you can get a Wireshark when the email is being sent out it should be pretty easy to see if the email was actually sent out to the server.

Hi,

Problem is that in your logfile i dont even see it going out at all? would you like me to test with wireshark running??

Oh so you see the other emails in the log but not this one? Maybe just try hitting the save button for the extension; maybe there was some old data from previous versions. Can you find the XML in the extensions directory? Maybe there is something wrong in that table entry.

Oh so you see the other emails in the log but not this one? Maybe just try hitting the save button for the extension; maybe there was some old data from previous versions. Can you find the XML in the extensions directory? Maybe there is something wrong in that table entry.

This is an ongoing problem. do you think if i delete the extension and recreate it, that could help?

please advise.

Before you do that, take a look at the XML in the file system. The point is if the other emails work for the same extension, weneed to know what is the matter with the flags for the other emails. Or maybe that extension does something like hotdesking. It is in the extension XML.

Before you do that, take a look at the XML in the file system. The point is if the other emails work for the same extension, weneed to know what is the matter with the flags for the other emails. Or maybe that extension does something like hotdesking. It is in the extension XML.

How would i find the XML that is associated with this extension number? it does not show in the generated folder and in the extension folder it just has random numbers.

I also failed to let you know that there is no phone registered to this extension...we are using this extension as an night emergency line that asks every caller for their name before passing the call through to the cell of the one oncall.

• 2 weeks later...
How would i find the XML that is associated with this extension number? it does not show in the generated folder and in the extension folder it just has random numbers.

I also failed to let you know that there is no phone registered to this extension...we are using this extension as an night emergency line that asks every caller for their name before passing the call through to the cell of the one oncall.

I am still having this issue???