csv import and account number field

vichy

Hi

This has been happening for quite some time...I just havent got around to mentioning it.

I am still using v3.4.3201 WIN32 but have always had "glitchyness" when using the CSV upload tool to create extensions.

The main issue is, if I upload an extension with multiple account numbers/aliases sometimes the system interprets them as one string.

For instance, I may upload my account numbers (;alias; field) as ;8005551234 866551234; and they occasionally get imported as one long string with a space....instead of "8005551234" "8665551234".

I then have to go back, open each record...delete the second alias, Save, re-type and save again in order for the two numbers to work properly.

In addition to this the following fields do not seem to ever work:

;dialplan; - even though I specify a dial plan...it stays at "Default"

;mb-enable; - Mailbox stays enabled even though I specify "FALSE"

;mwi; - Send MWI stays on despite the vlaue "FALSE"

same thing with ;email_missed;email_status;

Other then that, I dont use the other fields so I am not sure what else may not be working properly. I just wanted to bring it to your attention since your working through v4 and may not have known this was a problem

Thanks

Hi

This has been happening for quite some time...I just havent got around to mentioning it.

I am still using v3.4.3201 WIN32 but have always had "glitchyness" when using the CSV upload tool to create extensions.

The main issue is, if I upload an extension with multiple account numbers/aliases sometimes the system interprets them as one string.

For instance, I may upload my account numbers (;alias; field) as ;8005551234 866551234; and they occasionally get imported as one long string with a space....instead of "8005551234" "8665551234".

I then have to go back, open each record...delete the second alias, Save, re-type and save again in order for the two numbers to work properly.

In addition to this the following fields do not seem to ever work:

;dialplan; - even though I specify a dial plan...it stays at "Default"

;mb-enable; - Mailbox stays enabled even though I specify "FALSE"

;mwi; - Send MWI stays on despite the vlaue "FALSE"

same thing with ;email_missed;email_status;

Other then that, I dont use the other fields so I am not sure what else may not be working properly. I just wanted to bring it to your attention since your working through v4 and may not have known this was a problem

Thanks

Take a look at the below help link

http://pbxnsipsupport.com/index.php?_m=kno...kbarticleid=686

Thanks for the link. I should reiterate though that I do not need help in importing via csv. I was letting you know that there are bugs with it.

I've been importing both extensions and ivr nodes via csv (about 50 per month) for the last 2 years, and this has always been a problem.

I normally import the following:

type;dial_plan;alias;first_name;mb_enable;mwi;cfa;email_missed;email_status;code

cs

Everything except what I mentioned in my first post works just fine.

I found the column names from here:

http://kiwi.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Access_to_the_Database

perhaps these lists are no longer valid?

Thanks for the link. I should reiterate though that I do not need help in importing via csv. I was letting you know that there are bugs with it.

I've been importing both extensions and ivr nodes via csv (about 50 per month) for the last 2 years, and this has always been a problem.

I normally import the following:

type;dial_plan;alias;first_name;mb_enable;mwi;cfa;email_missed;email_status;code

cs

Everything except what I mentioned in my first post works just fine.

I found the column names from here:

http://kiwi.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Access_to_the_Database

perhaps these lists are no longer valid?

type;dial_plan;alias;first_name;mb_enable;mwi;cfa;email_missed;email_status

extensions;dp1;43;vicky3;false;false;999;false;false

Except for the dial_plan, everything else work fine. For dial_plan, we need to set the id (which is the id part of file name under 'dial_plan' folder). We will fix it in the future releases.