Level(3) Issue with INVITE header

Krom

Level(3) ITSP trunks from PBXnSIP fail due to L3's standards compliance requirements.

I was informed by L3's engineer that the reason the call is failing is because it is not meeting e.164 requirements. Their service disclaimer notes, ?Although the L3CN shall not enforce this recommendation, failure to utilize the global number format in all SIP URLs contained in SIP messages issued to the L3CN may elicit unpredictable results.?

sip:+19995555555@10.10.10.1:5060;user=phone

sip:+19995555555@10.10.10.1;user=phone

sip:+19995555555@10.10.10.1:5060

sip:+19995555555@10.10.10.1

Well the "unpredictable results" are that the calls fail when calling INT and some NPA's when making NA calls.

I can meet all the other e.164 requirements within the dial plan. But my problem is in the INVITE header on the trunks.

PBXnSIP INVITE header:

Request-Line: INVITE sip:+19995555555@10.10.10.1:5060;transport=udp SIP/2.0

Is there a way that I can strip the ';transport=udp SIP/2.0' or replace the string appended to INVITE header. I can't find anything like a binary in the trunk configuration window or documentation that will allow me to set this to user=phone like I can in most terminal UA's.

Thoughts or ideas from the FORUM welcome.

Krom

That should not be a big problem.

Just put into the domain name of the trunk whatever they would like to see. For example, "level3.com", "today-is-a-good-day" or "10.11.12.13". The PBX just copies that string into the request-URI. The routing is being done by the outbound proxy setting of the trunk. There you can use stuff like transport=udp and IP addresses.