Using ATA's you always hear a tone at beginning of mailbox greeting

voipguy

Hi,

using ver 4.1.0.4031 Linux centos 32 bit

I've noticed this bug for a long time but never reported it until now - customers are now noticing it.

When your using an ATA such as Linksys SPA2102 or PAP2NT for an extension instead of a VoIP phone and you record your out going mailbox greeting or name PBXNSIP always records/puts a dtmf tone at the very start of the mailbox recording...it's a very short quick tone - maybe 300 to 500ms in length - not a full second.

This happens with all of my customers that are using ATA's including myself.

I think PBXNSIP needs to shave off 500ms from the very beginning/start of the mailbox recording when saving the users mailbox greetings and mailbox name recordings.....don't confuse this with people calling these mailboxes and leaving recordings as those are fine...it's just the mailbox owners setting up their mailboxes.

Thanks

Is this the echo from the beep after the greeting?

nope.....when a mailbox owner sets up his mailbox and records his out going greeting with an ATA there is always a quick tone that is at the very start of the mailbox owners out going greeting....not the tone at the end of the greeting.

Take an ATA and reg it to an extension and record your outgoing greeting...you will hear a 300 to 500ms tone at the begining of your out going greeting.

Then when your friends call you and it goes to your mailbox instead of hearing "Hi you reached jeff leave a message" you hear this instead...."300 to 500ms tone Hi you reached jeff leave a message"......you can not record your out going greeting without that tone being heard in your greeting at the very begining....use a VoIP phone such as a SNOM 370 and you don't get the tone in your out going greeting...it just records "Hi you reached jeff leave a message".

Thanks

Try the attached file, it will make the PBX wait for 300 ms after the beep.

Hi pbxnsip,

This new file didn't fix the problem. I put the file in the proper place and then restarted the PBXNSIP program. A customer just recorded a greeting and you can hear the beep tone at the very start of their out going greeting.

This new file didn't fix the problem. I put the file in the proper place and then restarted the PBXNSIP program. A customer just recorded a greeting and you can hear the beep tone at the very start of their out going greeting.

Hmm. Maybe you can just attach a sample recording here, and then we can analyse where the tone is coming from. Maybe it is just the ATA sending a DTMF (e.g. the last digit of the number).