Office Communications server trunk problem

HappyUser

Hello,

I am trying to connect a Microsoft Office Communications server to PBXnSip but ran in to a problem with the trunks.

I am using 2 trunks for this setup one to connect to an voip provider with works fine when I am using an normal voip phone etc

The other trunk is for the Microsoft Office Communications server, but when ill try to call an external number using de Office Communicator (Client) pbxNsip gives the following message

[5] 2007/10/17 23:19:42: SIP port accept from 10.16.3.38:3566

[5] 2007/10/17 23:19:42: Identify trunk (IP address and domain match) 7

[5] 2007/10/17 23:19:42: Trunk OCS sends call to +31<external number>

[5] 2007/10/17 23:19:42: Trunk call: Could not identify user

How can i Fix this? Basically it is an trunk to trunk connection

Hi,

in the ocs trunk check that "Assume that call comes from user" has a valid extension, in this way the pbx knows who to charge for the call.

If you have problems with ocs let me know I have integrated it in full with pbxnsip and I very happy with it.

Valerio:

Couple of questions:

What extension did use for Assume that call comes from user?

Are you using Exchange UM Auto Attendant, and if so do you route from your external gateway through pbxnsip

Can you provide contact information so I can bounce my configuration off you?

Thanks, Fred

Valerio:

Couple of questions:

What extension did use for Assume that call comes from user?

Are you using Exchange UM Auto Attendant, and if so do you route from your external gateway through pbxnsip

Can you provide contact information so I can bounce my configuration off you?

Thanks, Fred

There is no connection problem I can call someone from the PBXnSIP to OCS and from OCS to PBXnSIP.

But what I want is the when someone calls extension 900 (example) the normal Voip Phone is ringing and the OCS client with extension 900

Ill believe this is known as forking but how can I do that.

I?ll know I?ll have to set the Server URI of the user but what should ill type there?

my address is pbxnsipforum<at>spam.cpels.com

There is no connection problem I can call someone from the PBXnSIP to OCS and from OCS to PBXnSIP.

But what I want is the when someone calls extension 900 (example) the normal Voip Phone is ringing and the OCS client with extension 900

Ill believe this is known as forking but how can I do that.

I?ll know I?ll have to set the Server URI of the user but what should ill type there?

my address is pbxnsipforum<at>spam.cpels.com

Interesting you ask this. I posted this question & received following answer from Admin.

"Forking calls was supported since version 1.0. Just register an extension twice and they will ring at the same time.

I don't know why some people have so many problems with this trivial feature."

So while pbxnsip supports forking, UM/OCS apparently does not. Per my OCS expert, OCS will not register with pbxnsip, as endpoint, & you can't have both simultaneously ring. We reasoned that if someone wants to dial a hard phone they dial extension; if they want to connect to another OC client they just choose name. Still exploring PBX Integration field, but he is saying this is used with Cisco to light up MWI lamp on phone. I am exploring SIP server that would broadcast presense of phones via the SIP url to OC.

Is your understanding on any of the above different?

Regards, Fred

Interesting you ask this. I posted this question & received following answer from Admin.

"Forking calls was supported since version 1.0. Just register an extension twice and they will ring at the same time.

I don't know why some people have so many problems with this trivial feature."

So while pbxnsip supports forking, UM/OCS apparently does not. Per my OCS expert, OCS will not register with pbxnsip, as endpoint, & you can't have both simultaneously ring. We reasoned that if someone wants to dial a hard phone they dial extension; if they want to connect to another OC client they just choose name. Still exploring PBX Integration field, but he is saying this is used with Cisco to light up MWI lamp on phone. I am exploring SIP server that would broadcast presense of phones via the SIP url to OC.

Is your understanding on any of the above different?

Regards, Fred

Mm this was not the answer I hoping for.

OCS is supporting forking that is the hole purpose of the Server URI with you can set on a per user bases.

Ill wil try to find a solution and if I find something ill post IT here.

Thanks for the help so far

Regards, Charl

Mm this was not the answer I hoping for.

OCS is supporting forking that is the hole purpose of the Server URI with you can set on a per user bases.

Ill wil try to find a solution and if I find something ill post IT here.

Thanks for the help so far

Regards, Charl

Charl:

Let me clarify. OCS supports call forking but to invoke the pbx needs to support CSTA (please see post below), which does not sound like it's coming anytime soon. I searched for 3rd party solutions and found none. Perhaps TAPI will work. My tech did say in the absence of a presence/sip server like Cisco employs, you'd need to set static routes for each user in OCS. Perhaps this combined with setting static registration in pbxnsip for OC uri & it might work... Keep me in the loop on what you uncover. Thx, Fred

http://forum.pbxnsip.com/index.php?showtopic=350