Call pickup problem

Rudi Groenewald

Hi there,

We upgraded to PBXnSIP version 4.2.0.3958 (Win32) last week when it was released, which sorted out our exchange voicemail problems. Now we have a problem where we cannot pickup calls from other extensions.

If another extension is ringing, and I want to pick it up, I normally dial *87<extention>, but now I get a "busy" signal, as if the extention or code doesn't exist.

I did some testing, and if I just dial *87 and call, it picks up a call in our call center agent group...

Any idea on what the problem might be? I see in the editing extentions page that there's a new section for Park and Pickup, but currently there is no documentation on what this does? I tried the help button on the page, but takes me to http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Extension_settings which has got no content.

Please Advise

Hi there,

We upgraded to PBXnSIP version 4.2.0.3958 (Win32) last week when it was released, which sorted out our exchange voicemail problems. Now we have a problem where we cannot pickup calls from other extensions.

If another extension is ringing, and I want to pick it up, I normally dial *87<extention>, but now I get a "busy" signal, as if the extention or code doesn't exist.

I did some testing, and if I just dial *87 and call, it picks up a call in our call center agent group...

Any idea on what the problem might be? I see in the editing extentions page that there's a new section for Park and Pickup, but currently there is no documentation on what this does? I tried the help button on the page, but takes me to http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Extension_settings which has got no content.

Please Advise

We will double check it today and update this post.

Update: We tested this here on the same version. Seem to work fine here (both *87 and *87<ext>)

So, I would suggest couple of things.

1. Create a new domain (just for testing) and register couple of phones and test the feature. This will rule out any update/upgrade related issues.

2. Make sure that the "Domain->Settings->Star Codes" page has *87 set to "Call Pickup"

BTW, "Park and Pickup" section has no influence on this *87 call pickup feature. It is for park orbit related feature.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

Ok I tried the test you suggested above, but still doesnt work. Created a new domain, registered a couple of extention, but still no luck...I just get a code as if the feature doesnt exist. *87 is set for call pickup on the domain... so I'm a bit stuck... any other ideas?