Internal call ALL

UKenGB

What is the best way to make an Internal call to ALL other extensions?

I don't think there is any inbuilt function to do this. Paging is not what I'm referring to here as that is a one way process. I want to call all the other internal extensions so that someone can pick one up and answer the call as per a normal call.

I was thinking of setting up a HuntGroup that included all the extensions that I want, just for this purpose and while I believe it will do what I want, does anyone else have a better idea of how best to do this?

If you want to make a speech first there is little choice you must use paging. If you use multicast paging it will be limited to the LAN (and to snom phones), but it will be very CPU friendly. Then whoever wants to respond needs to call you back the regular way. I think I hear this in the supermarket a lot ("extension 12 please call 43").

If you dont need voice in the beginning you can use a hunt group--if we are talking about a handful of extensions. Don't do this with 20 extensions, this will not only create a major CPU hickup, it will also create a packet storm on the network. The CPU power goes somewhere!

If you dont need voice in the beginning you can use a hunt group--if we are talking about a handful of extensions. Don't do this with 20 extensions, this will not only create a major CPU hickup, it will also create a packet storm on the network. The CPU power goes somewhere!

I understand. It is only for about 10 actual clients so looks like a Hunt Group is the way to go.

I thought it would be, but thanks for the confirmation.