IVR timeout

Kristan

Hi,

We've got a system where the customer would like the system to be able to give 3 prompts, and after the selection of the prompt say "Please note that your call may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes", then transfer them to the appropriate extention. I had thought I would just add an extra node, play the wav file and forward the call after x number of seconds... but there doesn't seem to be any way to do that.

Also we'd like to be able to say "or please wait for an operator" after all the options, so that if they don't have a touch tone phone or DTMF isn't working the will still be able to get to talk to someone. Is there a way to set a timeout on the IVR nodes, or a way we can kludge this?

We've got a system where the customer would like the system to be able to give 3 prompts, and after the selection of the prompt say "Please note that your call may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes", then transfer them to the appropriate extention. I had thought I would just add an extra node, play the wav file and forward the call after x number of seconds... but there doesn't seem to be any way to do that.

What I can think of here is that you send the call to a IVR node, then match the "E" pattern and send the call to it's destination.

Also we'd like to be able to say "or please wait for an operator" after all the options, so that if they don't have a touch tone phone or DTMF isn't working the will still be able to get to talk to someone. Is there a way to set a timeout on the IVR nodes, or a way we can kludge this?

Here I would say the solution might be to record the file long enough (maybe repeat the annoucement several times) and use the E pattern. But I think in the next version we need a explicit setting for a timeout.