Need help with DIDs

Walter

Inbound and outbound are different topics. For inbound, the "alias" is the way to go. For outbound the "ANI" is the important setting. In both cases, you also need to adjust the trunk settings to deal with the operator's (or PSTN gateway) style of dealing with these items.

Inbound and outbound are different topics. For inbound, the "alias" is the way to go. For outbound the "ANI" is the important setting. In both cases, you also need to adjust the trunk settings to deal with the operator's (or PSTN gateway) style of dealing with these items.

Ok so I create an Alias for each DID I have but do I need to setup something in the Trunk ? how would the call will go from Trunk to DID to Hunt List to extensions?

I was working with Thirdlane before and I got used to see the Reoutes and the DID's there, so I'm a bit confused now.

Ok so I create an Alias for each DID I have but do I need to setup something in the Trunk ? how would the call will go from Trunk to DID to Hunt List to extensions?

I was working with Thirdlane before and I got used to see the Reoutes and the DID's there, so I'm a bit confused now.

Right, for inbound calls you can use this link: http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Inbounds_Calls

For outbound calls it is essentially on how you service provider or PSTN gateway wants it represented: http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Outbound_Calls