Remote Hosting Option

grichardomi

For 13 extensions that should be sufficient. Be careful with the IP addresses - one is enough, make sure the other four are not giving you unneccessary problems.

For good user experience on audio, see http://www.pbxnsip.com/download/qos.ppt.

thanks for the reply. I posted this question to our service provider on chat session please review this log and let me know if ok -

Customer: i have one question: does your router to this server ensures qos , possible a SBC?

Thomas S: No it does not do QOS

Customer: what do you have that does?

Thomas S: I don't think any dedicated server company in the world has a standard server for the cheapest price with QOS to a specific provider. QOS is very expensive hardware to provide.

Thomas S: But we don't have any server with QOS

Thomas S: But in a rack we can provide QOS hardware

Customer: ok thanks

Thomas S: But without QOS our routers are very fast

Well, well...

QoS could be reasonable with layer 3 tags. But he is right, practically nobody is doing that today. That's what the PPT speaks about having a 2nd DSL line and use that one only for VoIP - QoS by having physically seperated lines. Seems the router industry still has a long way to go. Until then, pragmatic solutions will make it happen!