Call Extension

UKenGB

er, doesn't.

If I include a line in my dial plan that has the above selected, even though a successful match is made, the result in the test area just shows the following error:-

"No pattern found for the dialed number"

If I switch to sending it to a trunk, it all works, but if I want it to Call Extension, it fails.

I followed the docs and just used the intended recipient extension number as the replacement. I also tried creating a full sip URL, but neither works.

I must be missing something. Can anyone explain what?

The test dial plan may have some bugs. It wasn't updated for a while. We will fix it soon.

AFAICT the entire 'Call extension' feature is somewhat lacking.

First of all, you cannot enter a Hunt Group. Then, you can only enter a SINGLE extension as a replacement, so you cannot have the call being directed to several extensions. :angry:

This is particularly aggravating since I'm sure I read somewhere in the docs about being able to enter several extensions (just separated by a space) as in other ares of the PBX config, but it doesn't work.

Since this is already due for an overhaul because the Test system is unable to test any 'Call extension' lines in a dial plan, at the same time, can we have them make the very sensible inclusion of being able to send the call the multiple extensions and/or Hunt Groups?

The motivation to provide this feature was to be able to call into PSTN gateways behind NAT, typically for E911 service. The "dial plan" is not the center piece like in Asterisk systems, it is just a description on how to route outbound calls through trunks. If you want to send a call to the hunt group, you would 99.99 % of the cases not even touch the dial plan and jus tkeep the call in the domain,

Here's my 'motivation' for wanting to re-direct to multiple extensions and/or a Hunt Group.

I want to set up a simple and easy to remember number that can be used to call everyone, I.e. All extensions. The actual extension or Hunt Group numbers are likely to have been created to fit into a numbering plan and hence not obviously easy to remember. But the dial plan could be used to to allow a simple memorable number to be dialled and that to be re-directed to the appropriate destinations. But to do that I really need to be able to send it to multiple extensions, or a Hunt Group. In fact it is inconsistent that in this instance you cannot do either since elsewhere in the PBX config the use of extension or Hunt Group number seems interchangeable and multiple extensions are allowed.

What are the chance of this being included? The basic feature to 'Call Extension' is there, it just needs tweaking to allow what I need.

The problem is that once the call hits the "dial plan", the call is considered to be out of the PBX (trunk call). Getting it back in might stir up some new problems (like technically you will have two calls, the RTP will have to run once through the network and back to the PBX) and it will definitevely need a code change.

Would it be a possibility to assign an alias name to the hunt group that serves the same purpose? Then the call would just stay inside the system and this can be done today.

Would it be a possibility to assign an alias name to the hunt group that serves the same purpose? Then the call would just stay inside the system and this can be done today.

Sounds like a plan. How would I do that? The manual shows that an account page should display an Alias field, but it doesn't for me so I cannot see how to add an alias name to an account. Is there some sort of arcane ritual I need to conduct to allow me to add an alias?

You need to put a space between the names when editing the hunt group account and hit the save button...

There is a Number which is used when you need to address that account and also a Name that I thought was just to visually identify the account. Some of my accounts already have names that contain spaces, but I see no indication that it thinks these are 2 different names. In any case, I didn't think you could use these Names when addressing the account. Am I wrong? What do you mean by "put a space between the names"?

Another unsettling fact about all this is that the docs CLEARLY show a separate field for the Alias, but you are now suggesting it needs to be created in some 'secret' manner that is NOT in the docs. So first of all, haw are we supposed to find out about these procedures when we're so definitively wrongfooted by the documentation and also, why would you change the interface to hide the Alias and make it difficult in this way?