870: Match incomming mobile number with domain adressbook

marsbewohner

We're running SnomOne with Snom 870 devices. Every user has its mobile phone number added in the domain adress book in the appropriate contact information, but when you call in from one of the mobile numbers, the phone displays the number + the name of the current local extension numbers owner instead of the name of the user that has the incomming mobile number assigned to his contact in the domain adress book.

Is this a bug or by intention?

Ok, then it is not the LDAP bug. Are the mobile phone numbers set anywhere else in the server then in the address book? For example as aliases?

Do you think you could post the snom ONE log here or send me a PM with it? (with level 9 and all SIP messages enabled please)

The mobile numbers are assigned in the corresponding data field of the extension, which generates the adress book. We don't add them manually as separate entry.

I can, but due to the PBX load etc I will have to do this outside of business hours or it will take hours of searching for the relevant part as the logs will grow huge in a few seconds ;)

Ok you mean under "Account number(s):" . This means you have set an alias, and the PBX thinks the call comes from the extension. If you remove the mobile number from the "Account number(s)" list and just leave the internal extension number you shouldn't have this problem. If you need the mobile number to be associated with a name, I would suggest you add it in the Address book.

So to answer the question, I would say it is an intention :)

Unfortunately it's not 100% like that ;)

The setup is like this:

Account A has 123 as extension, 1234 as mobile, Name Mr X

Account B has 124 as extension, 1235 as mobile, Name Mr Y

Now when I call with the mobile 1234 to the account 124, the 870 shows the name of Mr Y in the caller field on the right of the screen in combination with the incomming mobile number 1234, like this:

-----

Mr Y.

-----

My expectations is that the number 1234 becomes mapped to the account name (Mr X) and his name will be displayed instead of the Name of Mr Y.

EDIT:

When I talk about mobile, I mean Accounts -> (selct one) -> Redirection -> Cell phone numbers.

The caller id will be displayed as it is received. If you want the name to appear then you have to have the "caller's number" in the address book.

But I would assume that if the cell phone number is somewhere stored in the account, it will be added to the users account in the adress book and thus matched when a matching number calls in. As this is not the case, I want to raise this as an official feature request :)

@madigan & katerina: I'll do so and send it to you as PM.

Today I got to the office and tested this myself. I configured 2 extensions just as you said:

1. extension 123 - configured on a snom 870

Account number: 123 1234

First name (e.g. "John"): Mr

Last name (e.g. "Smith"): X

2. extension 124

Account number: 124 1235

First name (e.g. "John"): Mr

Last name (e.g. "Smith"): Y

Then I call from an external trunk, from 1234 to 124. I see on the screen then Mr X is calling, which is correct right? (see photo: 1234 calls 124.bmp)

But you say you see Mr Y on the screen instead of Mr X, right?

I also see now that you said you see "Mr Y." in the RIGHT side of the screen. What about the left side? Do you see the correct caller ID, 1234 (or Mr X) there? Because it is normal, that you also see Mr Y in the right side, but that is only because Mr Y is the call destination. The phone shows in the right side the caller ID and the call destination under it so that you know what the destination was, for the case when case you have several identities.

Hi katerina, thank you for your effords! :)

In our case the cell phone number is not assigned as ANI or Account number, but as cellphone (see screenshot).

When I search the domain adressbook, the number is correctly assigend as second number to the name and I can choose whether I want to call the extension number or the cell number (screenshot). So basically the phone knows the number and is "aware" that there's a name assigend to it.

But now when I call in from external with this cell phone number to any extension, it isn't matched to it and instead of a name the number is displayed, both in the large screen on the left and the small one on the right (screenshot).

post-8297-0-51465600-1307800878_thumb.jpg

post-8297-0-76152600-1307802448_thumb.jpg

post-8297-0-83551200-1307802497_thumb.jpg

Great, finally we're on the same track :)

Thanks also for the link, I knew there was something like this but could not find it in the Wiki or device homepage...

Do you have any rough estimate when the next release will be available?

And BTW, why has the option to post bug reports been removed from the support portal, now you have to post everything into the forums?

• 2 weeks later...