Jump to content

Domain Addressbook on M9 Phones


stormwind81
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I got a Snom ONE and a M9 Station with 2 mobiles. Each one with a own extension (eg 45 and eg 46)

I uploaded an addressbook into Snom ONE. Its avaibable on the 870 Snoms but not on the M9 or i dont know how to get to the domain addressbook on a M9 mobile.

I searched the Webmenu of the M9 under "identity -> Adressbook"

There i can only import a vcf File.

 

Is there a possibility to make a M9 get access to the domain address book?

 

with regards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

Thanks Katerina,

 

I have the very latest software on the M9 but I followed these instructions anyway.

 

It still doesn't work and when I enable LDAP on the handsets no address book works at all.

 

I have a feeling I'm missing something simple here....

 

Here is my M9 status:

 

Parameter
Value
Version
9.5.14-a
Uptime
0 00:14:37 
MAC
00:04:13:30:43:13
VLAN
DHCP server
192.168.1.10
IP Address
192.168.1.116
Netmask
255.255.255.0
IP Gateway
192.168.1.254
STUN Address
192.168.1.116:5060
DNS Server
192.168.1.10*
DNS Domain
waycool.local
Option 66
IPv6 Link-Local URL
fe80::204:13ff:fe30:4313
IPv6 Other Addresses

and snomone

Version:

2011-4.5.0.1016 Alpha Monocerotids (Win32)
Created on:
Dec 22 2011 13:58:28

License Status:
snom ONE free

License Duration:
Permanent

Additional license information:
Extensions: 10/10 Accounts: 25/30 Upgrade: 01 01 2013

Working Directory:
C:\Program Files\snom\snomONE

MAC Addresses:
0013D48EAA8C

DNS Servers: 
192.168.1.10

CDRs: 
Duration(7d): trunk = 45, extension = 87, ivr = 115

Calls:
Total 44/2, Active 0/0 Calls

SIP packet statistics:
Tx: 4959 Rx: 4957

Emails:
Successful sent: 3 Unsuccessful attempts: 6

Uptime:
2012/2/8 23:53:04 (uptime: 0 days 05:17:26) (53MB/2048MB 39% 57780480-0) WAV cache: 0

Number of HTTP sessions:
Sessions: PAC=0, HTTP=1; Threads: SIP=0, HTTP=1

Domain Statistics: 
Total Domains: 1, Total Accounts: 25

 

I'm finding it difficult to follow the snomone manual in regard to the M9 provisioning. seems a bit vague.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hello,

 

I got your trace and I would like to ask you: did you change the LDAP port? I see your LDAP port is 379: <user_ldap_port perm="RW" idx="1">379</user_ldap_port>

 

Default port is 389, did you change it to 379 on the snom ONE?

 

Also, can you tell me on which of the handsets your are testing? And what exactly are you testing? All you need to test is to open the address book from the handset, and you should see all the names of the internal extensions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

I got your trace and I would like to ask you: did you change the LDAP port? I see your LDAP port is 379: <user_ldap_port perm="RW" idx="1">379</user_ldap_port>

 

Default port is 389, did you change it to 379 on the snom ONE?

 

Also, can you tell me on which of the handsets your are testing? And what exactly are you testing? All you need to test is to open the address book from the handset, and you should see all the names of the internal extensions.

Hi,

 

I did change the LDAP port because there were lots of errors in the snomone log file. There seemed to be some clash with the Ldap port. I changed it in both the snomone port setting and the M9 setting. After I changed it the errors stopped. It might be something else on the server using that port but finding out is above my level and it seemed to work changing the port settings. The server is 2003 Small business runing exchange and an MS domain.

 

I don't remember which one of the hand sets I tested, they both do the same thing in regard to LDAP. I have just done another trace and it is with handset 00FEA6F711 (40 House). I've emailed it to you just now. I did exacly what you said for this test and trace and I do see the names of the internal extensions BUT no other snompne LDAP entry. (I only have one for now for testing)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually for the record, the Call park does now work. I figuted out that you can't just dial *85, you have to do options>transfer>*85.

 

This is for the M9 and I have posted it for the benefit of others.

 

My system is now working very well and I have a very professional multiple entity small business/home phone system.

 

Thanks Snom! and Thanks Katerina!!!

 

PS: I think Snom could really improve by expanding the user manuals and making them much more friendly for users who are not IT proffesionals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...