Autoprovision Snom Standard Buttons

Happy

Did not clearly understand the "other destination" part.

In this case I mean changing it to a 'speed dial button'.

The snomONE provisions the "snom" key (not the help key). This is done using "dkey_snom" parameter on snom_3xx_phone.xml template. You can replace this with your "other destination" syntax. Similarly you can modify dkey_help.

So if I understand this correctly, I'll have to look for the proper xml-file in the pbxnsip directory, where I can change these keys. Afterwards all snom320 phones will have this key mapped the same way. That is exactly what I wanted to do, great ! :)

Thanks,

Marc

In this case I mean changing it to a 'speed dial button'.

I found most info in the snomone manual.

Still one question : Where can I find the xml-syntax for 'speed dial button' ?

I hoped that I could change the config of one phone and then look in its xml file under settings. BUT the Settings tab in the snom phone web interface is not there, probably because I'm not logged in in the admin mode.

I'm providing the admin name and password, but that seems not enough to get admin mode ??

Marc

I found most info in the snomone manual.

I hoped that I could change the config of one phone and then look in its xml file under settings. BUT the Settings tab in the snom phone web interface is not there, probably because I'm not logged in in the admin mode.

I'm providing the admin name and password, but that seems not enough to get admin mode ??

Marc

Hi Marc,

I also notice that the provisionning system is setting an admin password different than what it should be.

It seems to be random number.

If you need to find the correct value, look for the admin_mode_password in the snom_3xx_phone.xml file in the

generated/domain/extension folder.

(this implies that you configured your system to save provisionning parameters to files rather than logs. See admin/settings/pnp/write pnp generated files : To file)

If you don't want to bother with this password, you should force this parameter by editing the snom_3XX_phone.xml template (or the

file corresponding to your phone model) from the web page control tab.

Now, to answer your question : the correct syntax for the speed dial command is as below :

<dkey_retrieve perm="">speed *97</dkey_retrieve>

This one is to configure the 'retrieve' button to call the voicemail, but you can do something similar on the other keys.

Hope this will help.

Vincent

Maybe the snom phone folks can assist you on that (forum.snom.com)

There was a recent change made to snom_3xx_phone.xml file (due to popular demand ;) ) that puts the phone in user mode after the plug and play.

You can navigate to Admin->Web Page Control->Templates page and select snom_3xx_phone.xml. Then either delete the line

<admin_mode perm="">off</admin_mode>

or change the off to on. This is the last line in that template file.