Default PnP dial plans and CID

SFX Group

Hi

Living in Canada i set the Default PnP dial plan scheme: to "North America (2-digit extensions [2-7]x)", this works great (i thought).

So when i dial "21" i get extension 21, when i dial "1 519 xxx xxxx" i get the call connected, however all the Caller ID never show the "1" before the number so when i press redial i get the first 2 digits as an extenstion number...

So i guess the PnP dial plan could do with being edited, how do i do this, i need to be able to call back the caller ID numbers with out having to write them down, how can i do this OR how do i have something check what the number is thats comming in and add the "1" on the front so when i call it back it doesnt turn in to an internal extension number?

Do you know when you press redial the phone is sending the 10 digit number or just sending 2 digits. If you dial 519 xxx xxx, the phones send out only 51 instead of the whole number. But if you redial , lets say after you dialed 1 519 xxx xxxx nunber, the problem should not happen.

If i respond to a missed call it is only using the first 2 digits, i understand if i "redial", i dont want to be writting down every single number i have missed to add a "1" at the front, surely this system has a way of working this out.... its a PBX it cant be that hard, so how do i do this?

Not sure if you understood my question. If the INVITE from the phone has 10 digits, then PBX will use all 10 digits, not just 2 digits. So, the question is does the INVITE contain 10 digits or 2 digits?

I'll check that in 2 hours, i guess logging is going to be needed to be on for this :)

Hi, this appears to be sending "51" only, so something is happening at the phone itself (SNOM 360). I cleared the log file, did a search in the "received calls", then cleared log file again, there was a received call that was "BEVERLY MAY <sip:519xxxxxxx@174.137.63.206;user=phone>", when i pressed the "tick" button to dial the phone itself says "51", the first line of the line says:

It seems the phone is sending 51 only, any ideas why, ive also confirmed this in the log file on the phone itself both via the soft buttons and the phones webpage (SNOM 360)? (ive put x's in the number above for obvious reasons)

LOGFILE:

[6] 2011/11/21 18:52:16: Received bindRequest for user network.ashleygriffin\21

[7] 2011/11/21 18:52:16: SIP Rx udp:192.168.1.111:2103:

INVITE sip:51@network.ashleygriffin;user=phone SIP/2.0

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.1.111:2103;branch=z9hG4bK-2yxemryvrroj;rport

From: "Ashley Office" <sip:21@network.ashleygriffin>;tag=pbc3qmip8x

To: <sip:51@network.ashleygriffin;user=phone>

Call-ID: 3c2926006c1e-jn6p8og9glmp

CSeq: 1 INVITE

Max-Forwards: 70

X-Serialnumber: 00041329580E

P-Key-Flags: resolution="31x13", keys="4"

User-Agent: snom360/8.4.32

Accept: application/sdp

Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, BYE, REFER, OPTIONS, NOTIFY, SUBSCRIBE, PRACK, MESSAGE, INFO, UPDATE

Allow-Events: talk, hold, refer, call-info

Supported: timer, 100rel, replaces, from-change

Session-Expires: 3600;refresher=uas

Min-SE: 90

Proxy-Require: buttons

Content-Type: application/sdp

Content-Length: 526

Edited by SFX Group

Could we see the dialplan you are using? We can't reproduce the issue. It is apparent that the dialplan will connect using the first two digits if the first digit is not a one (1). The SIP-URI shows no beginning one (1) for Beverly May and the phone performs virtual key presses to 'redial'.

We opened an issue in our bug tracking system, with ID SCPP-3412 . We will do our best to solve it as soon as possible.

This is good to know, however i notice the SNOM 360 says it sent 51 to SNOM ONE, or is the whole dial plan thing that is sent to the phone part of the bug itself (so the phone sends 51), i might be mis-understanding this abit but when i check the "dial out number list" it shows 51 and not the whole number (so to me, looks like the phone is sending 51 and not the complete number, but then i dont know how the phone logs stuff (this is from the phone IP address not only the SNOM ONE log).

Could we see the dialplan you are using? We can't reproduce the issue. It is apparent that the dialplan will connect using the first two digits if the first digit is not a one (1). The SIP-URI shows no beginning one (1) for Beverly May and the phone performs virtual key presses to 'redial'.

Hi, i think you are after this "North America (2-digit extensions [2-7]x)"

However you are correct, there doesnt seem to be a "1" in the number, however i am sure it comes though but seems to loose it somewhere, that said it appears you might have found a bug...